Question

Can we track anonymous respondent's answers?

• 29 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Is it possible we track the same person’s answers without having to know his name?

For example I’m going to ask the same question before and after the class. How can I know if the individual has changed the answer after the class?

I don’t want to know who the people are. I just want to make sure the pre-test and post-test are the same person.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, Toto, 

Thanks for your question!

Yes, it’s definitely possible to compare participants’ answers to two different polls. You can find this information in polls per user export (available in all paid plans). 

Every participants has a User ID, and thus, when you download the export from the Analytics tab in Admin, you can then compare how a person responded to all your polls. 

Here’s an example of answers in polls per user .xls file: 

All answers from one participant will be provided in a single line and you’ll see all the polls in columns. In case they didn’t submit their answer for a particular poll, that respective cell will remain empty. 

Tip: To distinguish two identical polls in your export, you can mark them with numbers.

To learn more about exports, follow the link to our Help Center article. 

Hope this helps!

Feel free to comment below if there are any outstanding questions.

Does the UserID change every time a new event is attended, or does it remain constant? How is it linked to that user?

Badge

Hey @Darren Desmond

The user IDs are randomly assigned and can only help you connect answers across different polls within one event. It doesn’t stay with the user when they join different event.

Hope this helps, if you need anything else, please let us know.

We’re happy to help!