Question

Is there a way for participants to see the room title?

• 13 January 2021
  • 6 replies

is there a way attendees can see a name of the room they are in at the top for both polls and Q&A?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @slido4now,

Your attendees will see the name of the room they’re in on top of their screen automatically. Both for Q&A and polls. 

Here’s a screenshot of what it will look like for your participants:

If you need more info on how to setup multiple rooms or some tips on how to stay on top of things managing more than one room at a time, here’s a full article that can help!

Let me know if I can help in any other way :) 

Have a great day!

I only see the title of the event not the individual room… I have 31 rooms and switching them my self and want to make sure the attendees know what room they are in!

is there a setting I need to change.  I have 31  rooms and open only one at a time but all I see on the header is the conference title not the room name.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi again,

Seems like your rooms are created but maybe not activated.

Your participants will only see the rooms that are active at that time - so if you only activate one room, they will only see that one room and won’t be able to choose any other rooms.

Try activating multiple rooms and then look at the participant view - you should see a drop down menu with all the active rooms for your participants to choose from. 

To activate or deactivate the rooms, you simply use the toggle button in Settings and click Save.

​​​​​​

Please let me know if this worked :)  

Here is a full article explaining everything there is about our Multiple Rooms feature - definitely worth a read!

If you still can’t get it to work - don’t hesitate to also shoot an email to support@slido.com.

Have a great day!

I have turned on and off rooms as presentations changed with the agenda as I only want participants to be answering in the correct area. and still only see the name of the event not room.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi again,

I’m so sorry you’re still having issues with the room names not showing up!

Can you please keep multiple rooms active - just for this test - and then open the Participant view while the rooms are active? This should give you the option to choose one of the rooms and once you ‘enter’ the room, you should be able to see the name of that room on top of your screen. 

👉 Please note that the name of the room will only show if more than 1 room is activated. If you activate only a single room at a time, your participants will only be able to see the name of the event.  

If you’re still having problems displaying the name of the rooms - please email our team at support@slido.com with a reference to this question and they can dive deeper into the problem.

Let me know if you need any more help! :)