Solved

Slack integration for event participants with SSO?

• 14 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I haven’t used the Slack integration feature since February, and it seemed to work well then for end users (Slido event participants) and Slido admins. 

Since then, we’ve moved our organization to using SSO for Slido login. As an admin, I can create events and moderate, etc. for Slido events through the Slido app in Slack, so that all looks cool. But Slido event participants just get a button from the bot to “Join” an event, and it sends them to the Slido event in the browser to engage instead of letting them engage from within Slack. 

Is this because we enabled SSO? It seems weird that the admin functions still work fine from within Slack, but the end user functions don't. And how can I get this to work without disabling SSO?

icon

Best answer by jurajpal 14 October 2020, 12:52

Thanks for the question, Noah! 

This is currently the limitation of the Slack integration for events using SSO. Your participants will be prompted to ‘Log in with SSO’ in their browser and then can continue asking and upvoting questions there, but unfortunately not in Slack.

The ability for participants to submit questions directly from Slack works only for events without SSO.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

View original

1 reply

Badge

Thanks for the question, Noah! 

This is currently the limitation of the Slack integration for events using SSO. Your participants will be prompted to ‘Log in with SSO’ in their browser and then can continue asking and upvoting questions there, but unfortunately not in Slack.

The ability for participants to submit questions directly from Slack works only for events without SSO.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.