By popular demand: Using ideas to brainstorm

• 16 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey Slido Community!

Over the past month we’ve received a few questions that asked:

Turns out, we have a great solution for this - Ideas!

📌 Our Ideas feature lets you collect open text responses which participants can then reply to, upvote or downvote.

Watch our video below to find out how you can use our ideas feature to brainstorm, choose the best participant submission and rank participants’ open text submissions.

Here’s our written tutorial for setting this up:

Still unsure about using Ideas? Have you ever used Ideas? Let us know below👇

Thank you to @PaulB@DavidM and @Claire_P for inspiring this discussion of the month!

6 replies

This is a great feature.  I’ve used it real time in several group discussions and it has been great.  I only enable upvotes, but will enable downvotes next time as well.  I can’t wait for it to be fully released and fully integrated into Webex and PowerPoint.  Thanks Slido team!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Happy to hear that, @DavidM! :)

Is there a way to notify folks that someone has replied to their idea?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @margotvidal ,

There is not currently a way to notify a participant that someone has replied to their Idea suggestion, it would only show under their submission the number of Replies if there are any.

We will submit this as a feature request on your behalf for future consideration!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Hi Carly, is there a way to notify the account owner when there are submissions added to their Ideas thread? Like not between participants, but at least for the person who is running the whole thing to know that there’s been new activity on it?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @EugeniaB ,

There is not  a way to set a notification but we will submit this as a feature request for future consideration!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,