Question

Countdown: Timer workaround

• 27 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I know, I know- a timer can’t be added. But has anyone figured out a work-around? there will be a first after all. :grinning:

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @iok,

Actually a timer can be added to a quiz. You just need to click on the three dots next to the poll, then ‘Edit’ and then select ‘Enable timer’. 

For other polls, you could set a timer yourself and just start it when you activate the poll. If anyone has any suggestions or workarounds here, we would love to hear them :)

Let me know if you have any further questions.

I would like to see a feature where you can set the timer for all Questions within a Quiz, instead of clicking the timer box and typing the amount of time for each, individual question. I use the same amount of time for hundreds of Questions. Can I either have a timer group selection for the Event or the Quiz itself?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @MattL,

When you’re creating the quiz, the settings of the first question should duplicate to the other questions as well. After you’re created the first question and set the timer, simply start typing the second question and you should see that the timer settings automatically carry over. Here is a short video of how it works.

Thanks for the idea though! I can see that this could be a bit more intuitive and I’m passing on your feedback. Keep it coming :)

Let me know if you need anything else!

Hi all. I’ve done a dry run of my test and it seems that participants are also scored on the timing of their answers. I don’t want this, and would like timing to not come into it at all. Any way I can set this at all? Thank you for your time!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Laurence23

This isn’t a feature of our Quiz at the moment and the intention of the scoring of the answers is in anticipation of something like a tie break. I will pass this feedback on to the wider team though. 

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!