🙋 Discussion of the month: driving productive discussions

• 30 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey Community,

Another month has passed which can only mean that it’s time for a new discussion of the month 🤗

Close your eyes and try to remember the last time you had a productive team discussion. It’s not easy, right? Yet productive discussions are key to great meetings.

👉 That is why we’re focusing on driving productive discussions, this month.

Here are some quick tips:

📌 Get people talking from the beginning by running an icebreaker word cloud. Ask about a hot topic in the company. You can always moderate the responses.

📌 Before jumping into the discussion, ask people to write down their opinions in an open text poll. If you don’t want participants to influence each other, hide the poll results.

📌 To move the discussion forward, run a quick ranking poll and ask participants which options they would like to focus on. To understand how we calculate scores in ranking polls, check out our quick explainer.

Head over to our blog to read more about using polls to drive productive discussions.

Now we’d love to hear from you!

Do you have any tips for driving productive discussions? What challenges do you face when running discussions?

Let us know 👇

2 replies

I really struggle with keeping everyone on track and getting some tangible next steps. Any ideas on this?

I also struggle with that! 

But mainly, it seems I can never get the time right. We ALWAYS go overtime and I can see that people tend to get tired, which makes it hard to leave the meeting with clear next steps, since that initial enthusiasm and energy is long gone..