Solved

How to organize multiple events into one event or folder?

• 10 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Hi Everyone,

At my work I train new hires for different types of positions. Is there a way to organize events into folders or something similar to keep them organized when needing to create multiple events for 1 “training event”. For example I have a set of events for customer support training, and a set of different events for back office processing training and my main dashboard page is looking a little hectic.

icon

Best answer by Meggie from Slido 14 February 2022, 13:45

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @KTaylor,

That’s a great question! At the moment, it’s not possible to organise multiple events into a folder but you could use rooms instead. With rooms, you would need to create one event and call it e.g. “customer support training”. Then within that event, you can create multiple rooms with polls for each individual training session. This keeps all the related polls in one event and makes it less cluttered. Just note here that participants can see active rooms and switch between them so it’s a good idea to only activate the rooms you’re using in the session.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else 🙂 

Hi @Maggie from Slido,

Thanks for your response. I will have to try this out and see if this method will work well with our training set up.

Thanks!

Katie

Is there a way to create multiple events with different codes at once eg. through a mailmerge?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Cheltenham,

At the moment, there is no way to create multiple events at once, but you can create one event and then duplicate it multiple times.

Hope this helps :) I am passing this on as a feature request!

Hi there,

+1 for a folder structure. I see that different rooms can help but if you have really multiple events and per event multiple polls, it can get messy with only rooms. Even more if you have to activate/deactivate each room to avoid visibility. Furthermore it becomes difficult for “Guests” as they don’t have access to the event settings.

Thanks,

Roger

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Roger Englert

Thanks so much for your feedback here, this is a popular request from this post and I can definitely see how it would be useful!

I will pass this on to the wider team. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Hi Cori

thanks for your feedback and taking it into account. I already spoke with our CSM about it.

Let’s see what happens.

Thanks,

Roger

Hi Cori

Just circling back on this to see whether there are any updates. As mentioned before, a folder structure would ease our work with slido substantially.

Thanks,

Roger

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Roger Englert

There are no current plans to implement this, but never say never! 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Hi @Roger Englert and @KTaylor,

We may have some great news for you 😁

We’re currently rolling out the new feature called “Slido Spaces” which allows you to organize your Slidos in a more structured way and enable easier collaboration in Slido across teams.

More information about Spaces and the early access for testers are available here.
Note: For our Enterprise clients it may not be possible to test the feature in early access, please contact your respective Slido owners in the company or your Slido CSM if you have any further questions.