Question

Is there a way to open the slido app when you scan the QR code?

• 9 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello dear community,

I thought about something that, in my opinion, would be really helpful. Maybe it’s possible but I didn’t find a way to do so.

I would like to scan the QR code and then, the SLIDO app will open automatically (if it’s installed) and that you don’t need to enter the access code anymore (because you already scanned the QR code of your desired event = therefore another authentication isn’t needed).

Is there such a setting?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Lori

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @erola - Lori,

If you just use the web app instead of downloading the mobile app, you can easily access Slido events without any further authentication. 

It works exactly how you describe - you scan the QR code, it opens the Slido event in a browser on your phone and you can start asking questions and voting in polls right away. It should not ask you to type in the event code. 

However, if your event is set up to require authentication, such as a passcode, scanning the QR code will open the desired Slido event but you’ll still need to type in the passcode to start participating. 

Please let me know if my explanation makes sense or if there’s anything else that I can help you with 😊

Hi @erola - Lori,

If you just use the web app instead of downloading the mobile app, you can easily access Slido events without any further authentication. 

It works exactly how you describe - you scan the QR code, it opens the Slido event in a browser on your phone and you can start asking questions and voting in polls right away. It should not ask you to type in the event code. 

However, if your event is set up to require authentication, such as a passcode, scanning the QR code will open the desired Slido event but you’ll still need to type in the passcode to start participating. 

Please let me know if my explanation makes sense or if there’s anything else that I can help you with 😊

Thank you very much! This was helpful for me.

But is there an option where scanning the QR Code opens the app instead of the browser?

thanks in advance

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi again 😊 @erola,

Unfortunately, this is not possible. 

But I’d love to hear more about why you’d prefer to use the downloaded up instead of the web app? We don’t hear requests like these a lot so it’d be very helpful for our Product Team! 

Thank you so much and please let us know if there’s anything else that we can help you with!