Solved

Anyone else having issues with access code emails taking a long time to send?

• 22 April 2022
  • 5 replies

We have set up email verification for our internal town halls - however there is a long delay in the access code email/verification email being sent to users (and they are not going to spam/junk either) - not sure if anyone else has experienced this and if it is an issue with our firewall or with slido? 

icon

Best answer by Francesca 24 April 2022, 18:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @AWCRU

That’s strange. They should receive the email within a couple of minutes, max.

How long are we taking about? How many users have reported the issue? 

Yes, it can be due to your firewall, especially if it’s on company devices or network. To avoid people waiting you can try using a passcode, instead. It’s an additional layer of protection, aside of the event code. But, without any e-mail verification. You can also whitelist our domains so that the emails arrive more promptly! 

Hope this helped! 

Best,

Thanks for the response - the emails are taking about half an hour to come through - though when they do, they go to inbox rather than junk. We are on company devices and often on the company network so perhaps it is the firewall. Unfortunately passcode won’t work in this instance as management are keen to use the email verification to link users to specific questions. Thanks though!

Userlevel 2
Badge

My pleasure. :) I agree, most probably it’s the firewall. 

If you need to link questions to e-mails, you can also use the passcode + run a survey where you ask attendees to add their e-mails. You’ll be then able to trace the other polls and questions in the export. 

Or! Disable anonymous questions and have the participants add their e-mails instead of names. 

Thanks very much Francesca, we have disabled anonymous questions but people just type in whatever they like which is why we added the email requirement.

Your suggestion of adding the survey - can we set this up as a mandatory step before they can ask a question or would this still be optional?

In the meantime, I am checking with IT if they can assist with the firewall. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

You’re welcome @AWCRU.

Ah, right. No, it’s not possible, to make the survey mandatory. 

Fingers crossed with IT!

Best,