Question

Can I disable upvotes?

• 24 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Is there an option in the settings to disable upvotes? So that I can use the Q&A tool but not give the audience the option to upvote/promote questions?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Catharina,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to disable upvotes.

But I’ll make sure to submit this as a feature request to our product team!

May I ask why you’d like to disable the upvotes? I’d be very interested to see how it would benefit your specific use case since we don’t get a lot of requests about the Q&A upvotes. 

Thank you!

There are situations where you’d like to gather questions but you do not want the upvoting as it obligates you to answer the top question, which might not be preferred in some situations

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @nororo,

Thank you for explaining your use case, I will make sure it is noted.

In these situations, there are a couple of workarounds. For example, you could sort questions in present mode by the time they were submitted, rather than by popularity. You could also star specific questions in your admin and then show only starred questions in present mode. Lastly, you could enable downvotes in your settings which might balance out the upvotes and take away the pressure of some questions being popular. I have linked tutorials to all of these options.

Keep in mind that in all of these cases, participants will still be able to upvote and see popular questions via participant mode.

I hope this helps :)