Question

Can you block a participant from joining Quiz?

• 5 July 2021
  • 7 replies

How to block one participants in Slido while running a Quiz?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Videoinfinityvision,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment.

When you activate a quiz, it will be available to all participants in the event. 

I’d be curious to see why you’d like to block some participants? 

This would be a very useful feature. We present to teens who often put 'silly’ or inappropriate names when joining trivia. It would be helpful to be able to block these students from participating.

It would also be helpful for names to be scanned by profanity blocker. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @FinancialEducation,

Thank you so much for your insights! These are very valuable to us 🤗

Depending on the setup of your events, using Participant SSO could help with quizzes as it would pre-fill the participants’ real names. However, it is only available in our higher plans - 

Profanity filter on names in quizzes is something that we have explored before, but it’s not something that we’re actively working on, unfortunately. Since we have a global customer base, it’s difficult to say what names are deemed “silly” or offensive in some places of the world compared to others.

I will, however, raise this with our Product Team and share your feedback with them to see if there’s anything else that we can possibly try when it comes to this issue! 

Please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help with in the meantime!

We decided to try out Slido this year for our church. We’ve loved it but unfortunately this issue will likely be the deal breaker of us renewing our subscription next year. Not only is there no moderation or filtering of names but you cannot kick someone if their name is explicit. This needs to be fixed. 

I found this thread in my search to see if there was a setting to block inappropriate words. As a middle school teacher, this setting is absolutely necessary for me to purchase a license for the program. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Ms. ASB ,

We do have a Profanity filter which blocks a lengthly list of inappropriate words, phrases, and even some emojis from being submitted into Poll responses as well as in Q&A.

In addition we offer the Moderation option to preview responses to Q&A before you allow them to be shared publicly.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Hey @Ms. ASB ,

We do have a Profanity filter which blocks a lengthly list of inappropriate words, phrases, and even some emojis from being submitted into Poll responses as well as in Q&A.

In addition we offer the Moderation option to preview responses to Q&A before you allow them to be shared publicly.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

This still doesn’t cover inappropriate names which appear on quizzes when adding participants or on leaderboards. And there is no ability to kick participants or edit these names should they share something that is inappropriate. I agree with MS. ASB, these are crucial features to working with middle school students.