Solved

Changing Slido account attached to a PowerPoint presentation

• 25 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello!

I am a new Slido user.  I am looking to integrate a poll with a presentation created by a colleague - when I try and log in from my account it says that the presentation is linked with someone else’s account (my colleague’s).  How do I get it to switch over to using my Slido account? Thanks! Helena

icon

Best answer by Meggie from Slido 28 March 2022, 21:10

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Helena,

To be able to add polls to your colleague’s presentation, your colleague will first need to add you to the Slido event as a collaborator.

It is not letting you add polls to the presentation because you do not have access to the event linked to the presentation. After your colleague has given you guest access, you should be able to log in in PowerPoint and add polls.

Alternatively, you could duplicate the presentation and link your own event to it. Keep in mind that this will disconnect it from the previous Slido event.

Hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any further questions!

I have used a power point presentation with slido for a past presentation. How do I access it again to use it for another presentation?

Thanks,

Jen

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @GI Endo

If you’re trying to install the Slido integration again, you can follow the steps in this article. However, if you already have this installed then I assume you are trying to find a previous event that you’d like to link to a new PowerPoint presentation. 

To do this, simply open the Slido sidebar by clicking the Slido icon in the PowerPoint ribbon. You should see a list of your previous events. Just select which one you want to use, and this will link it. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Best,

I was trying to have a previous event reinstalled that was deleted. The event was called Endoscopy.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @GI Endo,

Could you please log in at www.slido.com and see if your event is there? If it is there, you can just duplicate the event, start a new presentation and connect the new event to the deck.

If you cannot find the event, please reach out to our customer care team at support@slido.com.

Hope this helps! :)

I’ve duplicated my presentation, but I’m still recieving an error saying the presentation is linked. I’ve also removed all of the previous Slidos from the file.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @jayb0623 ,

Did you duplicate the entire presentation or did you copy over just the presentation Slides (not the Slido interaction slides)?

Deleting the Slido Slides will not unlink a Slido event from a presentation.

Let us know if this helps.

Best,