Question

Default writing direction when creating Polls/ Surveys

• 17 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I’m creating polls in Arabic. When doing so I can right click on the text field, select writing direction and change it to ‘right to left’ as this is what I require. There is a ‘default option’ but it is blanked out. I have ‘Arabic’ selected in the Poll/ Survey language settings. 
My issue is that for each text entry I have to right click and do as I have described above. This is very slow and cumbersome. Is there a way to select the writing direction default for all text fields in a survey where Arabic is the language or is there another workaround?

Thanks,
Daithi

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Daithi

As this would be local to your browser setting, overriding this wouldn’t be possible. Slido doesn’t set ‘RTL’ direction, this is dictated by system preferences. 

Hope this helps! 

Continuing the last question - what about using slido within a power point presentation?

the orientation of the slide does not fix it upon presentation of RTL language

Badge

Hey @Gilat ,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

So you have to click on every text field manually, or what seems to be problem within the Powerpoint?

Would you be able to contact us via email at support@slido.com regarding this please?

That way we can take a look directly at your account, and if you could also include some screenshots of the issue into that email as well, that would be splendid.

Thank you in advance!