Question

Do you support Mathematical Symbols?

• 14 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Is there a way to write mathematical symbols in slido's polls/questions?  Or integrating LaTex?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Caroline,

Unfortunately, we don’t support any special mathematical symbols nor LaTex. 

You can try and leverage our image poll feature for this if you simply upload a picture of the question with special symbols. However, the answers to the poll must be text/numbers only - which I realize doesn’t always work :(

Sorry about that!

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Have a great day!

If math symbol future is added in slido it will be of great help.

or  insert image option should be in the answer. adding this feature won’t take too much time for you when you have done so many good features. Waiting and hoping these features will be added in slido soon

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @sudha,

Thanks for your feedback!

Adding images to polls is actually an already existing feature. 

Here’s a detailed article on how to set it up.

Hope this helps!

I want to ask a calculation question and let users perform certain actions in another software and report back calculated answers. ‘Open Text’ poll seems to fit the bill but I want to introduce quiz-excitement.
Is it possible to run this in quiz mode?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @ChokRa,

Unfortunately, our quiz only works with multiple choice answers at the moment. I’ll make sure to submit this as a feature request to our product team!

For your specific use case though, as you said, Open Text poll could work great - have you tried using correct answer in an Open Text poll before? That might bring a little bit of an excitement to your audience. Though Open Text polls won’t give you the leaderboard at the end and you’d need to calculate the winner of the quiz manually through data exports, which I do realize is a lot of work. :( 

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

If math symbol future is added in slido it will be of great help.

or  insert image option should be in the answer. adding this feature won’t take too much time for you when you have done so many good features. Waiting and hoping these features will be added in slido soon

This would make the service much more powerful indeed!

Badge +1

I would totally second the support for latex at least in the description of the poll. It is very time consuming otherwise (one needs to render the latex into an image and upload the image).

In the past I used wooclap and they support latex. Hope slido can catch up with the competition fast.

While I’m at it: supporting markdown would also be great (this is a feature wooclap does not support and that would set slido apart from the competition ;-)).