Question

How do I restrict access to my event?

• 9 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Dear Slido Community,

I changed the settings of my event and enabled “Hidden from search”, however, for some reason my event is still public and the participants are not asked to insert the code to access the event. Could you please let me know what the problem is?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Jacinto

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @J. Delgado

hiding your event from search should mean that your event is not public and participants would need to enter the event code to access it. 

Would you be able to send over a screenshot of this happening? Are you using Slido with any integrations?

Best,

Hello @Cori from slido,

Thank you for your response.

I am not using Slido with any integrations.

Please, find attached a screenshot of the privacy settings. My colleagues reported that they were not asked to enter the event code to access it. Also, if I use the link that I shared with the participants to access the event on an incognito window, I am not asked to enter the code.

Thank you!

Best,

Jacinto

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @J. Delgado

Thanks for your context here, I can see what’s happened now. If you’re referring to an event code, this is only required if your participants are joining through slido.com and entering the event code in the search box. 

To clarify how hidden search, a hidden search only prevents your event from showing up when users type the name of the event in the search box but the event code will still work. 

If you want to restrict access to your event, you can toggle on Require Authentication. You will then see a menu underneath that gives you the option to set a passcode for participants to enter when they join the event. 

Hope this helps!

Best,

Hello @Cori from slido,

Okay, I understand now the difference. Thank you for your support!

Best,

Jacinto 

Can I confirm that the code I’ve given is only needed if there is a search on Slido.com but if an attendee has either the direct link or the QR code then they do not need to use the poll. Correct?

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Kelly Power ,

There are 3 ways in which Participants can join your Event by scanning the QR Code, typing the #eventcode into slido.com or by providing them with the direct link.

If there is a Passcode protecting your event your participants will need this in order to enter the event as well.

Let us know if this helps or if you have any other questions!