Question

How do you run a quiz so that people can go through questions at their own pace?

• 23 October 2020
  • 30 replies

Show first post

30 replies

Hi, can I create a quiz that is NOT live? I would like to send participants a quiz after the course not during it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Yarelys,

Unfortunately, as discussed above, it’s only possible to run a quiz live. 

Maybe a survey could be an option for you too? Just like I suggested for Anke? 

Let me know if you need help with setting that up :)  

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @HD-Q,

Unfortunately, our quizzes still only work in a live setting - meaning that all your participants are taking the quiz at the same time. It is because this feature was developed for live meetings, events or lectures. 

This means that if you send someone the link to a quiz and they open it at different times, it will show as “voting closed”.

While expanding this feature to support asynchronous quizzing is definitely on our radar, we don’t have a set timeline yet as to when this will be available. I’m very sorry about that!

I’ll make sure to update you on any new developments regarding this feature 😊

Please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help you with in the meantime!

Hi, 

Is there a way to set a time limit to the survey questions? We’re trying to launch an asynchronous quiz with a time limit to the questions to prevent the participants from googling and finding out the answers. 
Would love any thoughts or ideas to carry this out. 

Thank You! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Jefferson_Twelve

Setting a time limit on asynchronous features is not part of Slido’s design. You can only run a quiz, which is currently only designed to go live. Surveys are more likely used for participants to answer in their own time, which is why we haven’t got any time limitations. 

I will pass this on as feedback to the wider team though! 

let me know if you have any more questions!