Question

How to format text in questions?

Userlevel 1

I was just wondering if there is a way to format text inside the slido questions.  For example, if I’d like something to appear as bolded and underlined, is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @TWilliams,

Unfortunately, we don’t support special formatting right now. 

I’ll make sure to submit this as a feature request to our product team! 

Would you mind sharing a little bit more about your use case, how and why you’d like to format text in questions? 

Thanks a lot! :) 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Alex thanks for your response.

We do a live quiz with the participants and the facilitators sometimes like to include things like bolding and underlining to specify certain parts of the questions.  For example “Which of the the following are NOT  examples of ….” in order to help the participants understand that the question is looking for things that do not apply rather than do apply.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Ah I see! This is quite neat - I can definitely see how the formatting could help in this use case. 

I’ll pass on your insights to our product team!

Thanks a lot!

Hi @Alex 

I would like to support the request for formatting of text in questions. I need to format some text as code so it would be great if MarkDown is available for formatting questions.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Jannetta,

Thank you for the additional feedback - I’ll make sure to pass this on to our product team! :)

I agree.  I also would appreciate some elementary text formatting functionality when creating poll / survey questions.

I’d like to represent Linux commands in a poll questions using markdown formatting. For example:

-------

Which command syntax creates an archive of the user's home folder named `backup.tar` ?

`tar -xzvf backup.tar $HOME’

-------

in markdown, the command is represented as a code block by marking withe “`” character.

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @linuxgeek! Thanks for representing the Linux side of things in this feature request 😊 

I’ll make sure to share the whole thread with our Product team. 

Let me know if there’s anything else that I can help with in the meantime!

I’d like to see this feature as well. I teach chemistry and could definitely use subscripts and superscripts. Sometimes I cannot use slido because I need the sub and superscripts.

I would like to see this feature as well.  We use polls to review legal citations, which require special formatting (underlining and italics).

I need to be able to represent superscript (for pharma medical referencing)