Question

How to hide the room selector when Slido is integrated with Youtube?

• 16 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I have integrated Slido with YouTube and embedded in my website. And in Slido I have configured several meeting rooms. But when I enter the webpage, a pop up asking me to choose one of the meeting rooms appears. Is there any way to deactivate that pop up? My participants will want to watch the event before asking anything. It's very annoying to have that window appearing as soon as we enter the webpage. 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @CDTI,

There’s a workaround for this. 

You can start the event with your rooms deactivated and then activate them only once you’re ready for your participants to start asking questions. 

However, I’m not 100% sure I understand your use case - are these multiple rooms set up for breakout sessions?

With more info, I can be of better help! :) 

Let me know

Hi @Alex,

We have no multiple rooms, just one session, but with several presentations on different topics. We want to separate the questions related to each topic.

Your solution is not valid for us, because we have opened the possibility to ask questions before the event. For people asking before the event there is no problem, but for people who want to access the event without asking anything, is quite annoying...