Solved

How to set a profile picture in Slido as a regular participant or admin?

• 8 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

In our company we frequently use Slido during meetings. 99% of the participants don't have a profile picture but there are some who do but they don't know how it they have it because they cannot recollect how they uploaded it.

While I was checking my profile, I couldn't see a way to upload a picture. Maybe you could help me understand how is this possible.

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Meggie from Slido 12 April 2022, 16:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Omar Erminy,

The only way to get profile pictures in Slido is if you are using participant SSO and your participants have added pictures to their SSO.

If you’ve set up participant SSO (eg Google or Webex login) for your events and your SSO uses photos, then these can carry over to Slido. At the moment, there is no way to directly upload profile pictures so it’s likely that some of your participants have added a photo to their SSO profile and some have not. 

If you are not using participant SSO, please let me know and we can look into it.

Hope this helps! :)

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, we actually use Okta, but checking in Okta I also don't see how to add profile pictures so now it is even stranger the fact that some people have a profile picture.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Omar, 

Do you by any chance have Okta synchronised with other tools, like Google? Example, if you have your profile picture added there and use also Google SSO with Okta, that could be the reason some people have their profile pictures. 

Do you think that could be the case?