Question

Is it possible to force 'dark mode' to participant view?

• 3 December 2020
  • 6 replies

With the new Slido dark mode, is there a way of forcing this on users, rather than it just being a user selectable preference?

We need to embed a slido on a dark background page on a website, and it looks really good in dark mode, but rubbish in the generic slido colours.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to force dark mode to your participants’ view. 

However, for those of your participants that have dark mode as default on their devices, Slido will appear in dark mode too.

I will definitely submit this as a feature request to our product team though - great idea!

Let us know if we can help you in any other way!

I will definitely submit this as a feature request to our product team though - great idea!

This would be great! Bump up on feature request list??

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @AnnaW

we did add you on the list of customers requesting the functionality. 

If you have any comments or insights on the reasons why you would prefer the dark mode for your participants, we’re all ears! We love getting feedback :) 

@Dasa from Slido - With the design of the website we embedded Slido in, dark mode looks better on top of the background artwork. It’s aesthetic only, not functionality.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @AnnaW and @paul_millard,

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I have some great news - while it’s still not possible to set this up in your admin automatically, we are now able to customize your event so that we can force dark mode to your participants 💪

If you’re still interested in this customization, please let our Customer Care at support@slido.com know, and don’t forget to include a link to the event that you’d like this to be applied for. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!

@Alex - that’s great to know! we will keep that in mind for our next event!