Solved

Is there a way that we can track participant names when they enter their answer in polls?

• 1 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, how do we find out who voted in the poll? 

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Dasa from Slido 1 October 2020, 12:11

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey, Niles, thanks for your question! 

You can find this option in Event Settings. It’s available in all our paid plans.  

Go to: 
Event Settings - Privacy - Require authentication and turn on “require name”.

This needs to be done before you send out the event link or event code. When entering the event, the participants will be asked to type in their names. Then, after the voting is done, you’ll be able to see their names in Analytics - Exports - Polls per user. 

Here’s a visual guide that shows you how to do it step by step:
https://community.sli.do/event-settings-62/get-participants-names-and-emails-490

Hope that helps! 

May I know if there any function that I can see the answers are provided by which guests? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @Kelvin(DVG) 

If you’d like to see how people voted, you’ll need to ask your audience for their names first. This setting is available in event Settings under the Privacy tab. After the voting, you’ll be able to find the results in Exports. Both require name option and exports are available in our paid plans. 

Is that what you were looking for? Or did you want to see the names with their poll answers some other way? 

Feel free to add some details, I’d be happy to help. 

Best, 

Dáša from Slido

Is there way to see Participants name on the Live poll  of the options they selected ? so other can see it as well?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @PMathekar,

No, at the moment there is no way to display participants’ names next to the polls they select. However, when you’ve run the poll, you can export the results and you will be able see how each participant answered each question.

Hope this helps! 

Hey @PMathekar,

No, at the moment there is no way to display participants’ names next to the polls they select. However, when you’ve run the poll, you can export the results and you will be able see how each participant answered each question.

Hope this helps! 

Was planning to use Slido to track which systems users are utilizing to prevent others from destroying in use data.  Our previous poll software showed what users selected in real time and was very handy.  Exporting results isn’t a viable alternative.

If this ever changes I will give Slido another shot though!

Hi @IBMworker,

Our previous poll software showed what users selected in real time and was very handy.

Regarding this comment, we have not implemented this for all poll types but it might by useful to know that when setting up an Open Text Poll it is now possible to display the names of the respondents as soon as they submit their answers. 

I just wanted to share this update incase it’s interesting for you 😉