Solved

Is there a way to combine a multiple choice question and a text answer in a survey?

• 10 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I was wondering if you are able to do a multiple choice question as well as word/answer combination in a survey? 

For example

What is your favourite food?

1. Pizza
  2. Hamburgers
  3. Chips

Other _____________spaghetti______________________

icon

Best answer by Meggie from Slido 15 February 2022, 10:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Lisa RL,

At the moment, Slido does not allow adding an open text option to multiple choice polls but you can add an open-text poll instead. To do this, make sure you’re creating a survey, add a multiple choice poll with the different options and then add an open text poll that says something like “Other”. This way participants can enter open text answers even if it’s not possible directly in a multiple choice poll. 

We are always looking to improve Slido so I will pass on your idea, thank you for bringing it to us! I’m sure there are many spaghetti lovers out there who would love to add open text to multiple choice polls 🤗

Let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Has this changed yet? Where an open text answer can be included as an option in a multiple choice question...Thanks in advance! Ann Marie

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @A.M. Slicker ,

This has not yet been implemented or put on our current roadmap and will be logged as a feature request for this.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,