Question

Is there a way to run the questions of a Quiz in a Random way?

• 20 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi Experts

I have the following doubts:

• Can a quiz be run in a random way (order of the questions not always the same)?
  • Can I have a quiz of 20 questions but run it in a way that picks 10 of them randomly when running it?

Thanks a lot

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Jose Belmonte,

Unfortunately, both of your doubts are correct. It’s currently not possible to run a quiz in a way where the systems shows questions at random or just chooses a few of them at a time. 

Depending on how many quizzes you’re planning to run - you can always create a master quiz with all 20 questions and simply duplicate the quiz and randomize it yourself. Drag and drop questions to change the order and delete some of them at random. I do realize that this is extra work for you but unfortunately, this is the only workaround for now. 

Randomizing the order of the questions seems like a pretty neat feature though, I’ll make sure to submit this to our Product team as a feature request 😊

Please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help with!

+1
Being able to display only a few questions extracted from a larger base would really be a game changer for my team ; we would use it for training purposes.
I looked for a lot of solutions with different tolls but none of them is satisfactory

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @rimisac,

Thanks for the feedback! As a workaround for the larger base, you could use templates.

You would need to create one quiz with all the questions you’d want in the ‘base’ and then invite your colleagues as guests to the event with the quiz. They will then be able to find the quiz in templates via ‘My previous polls’ and they can add it to their own events. Then they will simply need to delete any quiz questions they do not want to use.

Hope this helps :)

I have a SLIDO quiz of 40 questions. I would like to activate the quiz but have the questions presented in a random order (not 1 thru 40). I want to do this because I may use it multiple times and want to change up the question presentation order.

Thanks for any guidance.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @pcavell,

There’s no way to randomise questions in a quiz, but you can re-order the questions yourself.

I can see how randomising quiz questions might be helpful so I’m passing it on :)

Hope this helps! 🤗

Going along with this - is there a way to randomize the order that the answers appear for each question so it isn’t the same every use?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @negush2

As above in my colleague’s reply, this is something we can pass on to the wider team for feedback but is not possible:

Depending on how many quizzes you’re planning to run - you can always create a master quiz with all 20 questions and simply duplicate the quiz and randomize it yourself. Drag and drop questions to change the order and delete some of them at random. - This is still our workaround for this at the moment, maybe this could work for you. 

Let me know if you have any more questions, I’d be happy to assist! 

This is an old thread and I was checking to see if there was the option to randomize quiz questions yet.

Thanks

John