Question

Rank based on prior open text poll

Hello,

I’m wondering if it is possible to easily create a ranking poll based on the results of a prior open text poll in the same event?  Here is my use case.

• I am working with a team to generate ideas to solve a problem.  The first step of my process is to have them generate as many ideas as possible and I am using an open text poll to capture these.
  • In the second step of the process I want the same team to rank the answers so that the ones with the highest rankings by the team are chosen as the ideas to pursue.  So the ranking poll would have as inputs the answers from the open text poll.

I could probably copy / paste, but I’m wondering if there is an easier way to do this?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @DavidM,

The best solution would be to use our ideas feature. This lets participants submit open text responses and upvote others’ responses to a specific topic.

Alternatively, as you say, you would need to run an open text poll, and then copy and paste the responses into a ranking poll. You could also run a word cloud - the most common answers will show up as the largest.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Thanks - that’s very helpful.  Exactly what I looking for.  I hope it will be out of Beta soon so I can have full integration with Powerpoint and Webex.