Question

Slido browser Extension for Mozilla Firefox web browser

• 9 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I can’t find the Slido browser extension in the Mozilla Firefox web browser on the addons.mozilla.org catalog. But here https://community.sli.do/topic/show?tid=500&fid=32 I see that it is supported.

So, where can I download the WebExtension for Firefox?

If it is not yet available, do you have any ETA when it will be ready to use?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Murz,

Our browser extension is only available for Chrome at the moment but you can use Slido and our Google slides integration without the browser in Firefox, too :)

As far as I’m aware, we aren’t planning to release a Firefox extension at the moment but I will pass on your feedback.

Hope this helps!

Yes, in Firefox it works, but only as a “proxy” service present.sli.do using button “Present with Slido”, which doesn’t support speaker notes and other advanced features of the Google Slides’ native presentations viewer, also it works noticeably slower with a lot of “Loading...” placeholders.

So, presenting via native Google Slides UI and using Slido browser extension is much more convenient!

So, please, ask developers to at least do a quick assessment of how difficult is to release the same extension for Mozilla Firefox. Maybe it will require just do some minor changes in package files and that’s all? Because Firefox supports the same WebExtensions API, like Chrome! Thanks!