Solved

Using Slido with "Browsed by an individual (window)" in PowerPoint not working

Running two monitors and I regularly use the feature in PPTX Set Up Slide Show menu under Show Type “Browsed by an individual (window)” instead of “Presented by Speaker (full screen).”  Doesn’t seem like Slido works with the browsed by an individual….when I start the show and get to a slido slide, it displays the instructions “Start presenting to display the joining instructions on this slide...” and the QR code float in a separate window on my other screen.  Other posts I’ve read said you MUST run Slido in full screen, which I’m hoping isn’t the case.  My setup:

Large 49” monitor with Microsoft PowerToys split into 3 columns, one of which I run PPTX. My second screen is my 15” laptop screen and that’s off to the side, so if I must run full screen PPTX in there to get Slido to work properly, I have to look away from my camera while presenting.  I’m not interested in using Presenter Mode because I need other screen real estate. 

Are there any workarounds? Why can’t Slido load properly when Browsed by an Individual?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Cori from slido 13 July 2022, 13:17

View original

3 replies

Running two monitors and I regularly use the feature in PPTX Set Up Slide Show menu under Show Type “Browsed by an individual (window)” instead of “Presented by Speaker (full screen).”  Doesn’t seem like Slido works with the browsed by an individual….when I start the show and get to a slido slide, it displays the instructions “Start presenting to display the joining instructions on this slide...” and the QR code float in a separate window on my other screen.  Other posts I’ve read said you MUST run Slido in full screen, which I’m hoping isn’t the case.  My setup:

Large 49” monitor with Microsoft PowerToys split into 3 columns, one of which I run PPTX. My second screen is my 15” laptop screen and that’s off to the side, so if I must run full screen PPTX in there to get Slido to work properly, I have to look away from my camera while presenting.  I’m not interested in using Presenter Mode because I need other screen real estate. 

Are there any workarounds? Why can’t Slido load properly when Browsed by an Individual?  Thanks!

I’am having the same problem ? When I share the power point while using two monitors. It won’t load the slido.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @coastierob & @elizavetrivera5 

Unfortunately, Slido only works in presenter mode. ‘Browsed by an individual’ is a feature of PPT that isn’t compatible with Slido, but I can see how this would be useful! I’ll pass this onto the wider team as feedback. Whilst I can’t promise that this will be added, it will certainly be considered. 

In the interim, as a workaround, I think using Slido switcher will benefit your use of presenter mode as you can use a device (phone, tablet) as a remote control. 

Hope this helps! please don’t hesitate to contact our awesome customer care team at support@slido.com or come into our chat via admin, we’re available 24/5 and will be happy to help! 

I was actually able to get this to work now.  I use “Browsed by an individual” regularly and run Slido in most of my presentations.  I never run in Presenter mode. I am able to run PPT on 1/3rd of my 49” ultrawide monitor, and use zoom’s advanced screen sharing to only share a portion of the screen. Slido works fine in there.  Sometimes, at the beginning of a presentation, I have to navigate to my first Slido slide and then expand the pptx window, by grabbing the arrows and expanding then contracting the window. That somehow “resets” Slido into working properly.