Question

What's the difference between audience and participant?

• 18 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Can someone please tell me the difference between ‘audience’ and participant? The basic package allows for up to 100 participants but unlimited audience Q&A. What can a participant do that an audience member can’t?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Caroline D,

Great question! :) 

A participant (the same thing as an audience member) is a single person joining your Slido event.

An audience is all of your participants together. 

What we mean by unlimited audience Q&A is that your whole audience can submit an unlimited number of questions. However, the audience is limited to 100 participants.

So the number of participants in your audience is limited, but the number of questions from your audience is unlimited.

Please let me know if my explanation makes sense or if you need help with anything else! :) 

What will  happen when the 101th participant tries to get in the event after scanning the QRcode? what message will the person see? Will the administrator gets any messages?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Yu-Tsai,

When you exceed your participant limit, there is no message, it will only show up in the participant count in your event analytics. They will be allowed to join the event and participate in polls and Q&A.

However, if you exceed the participant limit significantly (i.e. 10% more than the participant limit), we might block the event.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions :)