Using an embedded Slido event, you can connect with your online audience who can send questions and vote in polls directly from your website.
See an example below of how the embedded Slido Participant mode can look on your website:
Available in our Professional plan and higher.
In this article:
- Embedding Slido into a website
- Get separate links for Questions, Polls, or Ideas
- Embedding an event which has live video
- Embedding a single poll or a survey
- Embedding multiple rooms
- Pre-fill participants' data via query parameters
- Embedding Slido Present mode
Embedding Slido into a website
You can embed Slido Participant mode into your website by following these steps:
Here's a visual guide to how to get your embed code:
This is how the embed code looks. The "event hash" is unique for each event:
<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/eventhash" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>
Get separate links for Questions, Polls, or Ideas
You can navigate your participants directly to Questions, Ideas or Polls and Surveys if you have multiple menu items available in your app. Just add /questions, /polls, or /ideas to your event link to do so.
Example of the embed code with polls:
<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/7q0zb4jq/polls" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>
Adjust the size of the embedded Slido
You can change the height and width parameters of the iframe code to pixels and set the size you'd like to display:
<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/7q0zb4jq" frameborder="0" height="500px" width="720px"></iframe>
Embedding an event which has live video
In case you integrated live video into your Slido event and you need the video to be allowed to go into fullscreen, you have to add allowfullscreen or allowfullscreen="true" to your embed code.
Example of the allowfullscreen attribute in the embed mode:
<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/eventhash" height="100%" width="100%" allowfullscreen="true" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>
Embedding a single poll or a survey
You can embed a single poll or a survey to your website to collect votes:
Embedding multiple rooms
Before you start, make sure you created your multiple rooms.
"app.sli.do" stands for Slido Participant mode.
"wall.sli.do" stands for Slido Present mode.
Example of the embed code for specific Slido room:
<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/y2uums64?section=5afbb0e9-b5fe-4cad-a7f2-8a36dda17f33" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>
Pre-fill participants' data via query parameters
If you have already collected your visitors' details and would like to import this information into Slido, you can do so via query parameters. Please bear in mind that for the query parameters to pull the email information, you need to have the Require email option enabled in Slido.
To get the final embed link for the Slido event, you’ll need to combine two components:
Example of the embed code with query parameters:
<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/7q0zb4jq/live/questions?lang=fr_CA&user_name=John%20Doeemail@example.com&user_company=Slido" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>
We recommend using an incognito mode or a different browser when testing the query parameters with an embedded event. If you’ve already joined the same event or loaded the website with Participant mode before, your browser remembers the original settings. When using Incognito mode, don’t forget to enable third-party cookies.
FAQ’s related to query parameters:
Embedding Slido Present mode
If needed, you can also embed Slido Present mode. For that, you first need to get the Present mode link:
Example of the embed mode for Present mode:
<iframe src="https://wall.sli.do/event/eventhash" frameborder="0" height=“100%” width="100%" scrolling="yes"></iframe>
Curious about more?
- In your event, open Participant mode preview
- Click the three vertical dots
- Select Copy embed code and insert it into the HTML code of your website
- In your event, go to Polls, hover over your poll or survey
- Open the menu and select Share
- Copy Embed code
- In your event, click the green Present mode button in the upper right corner
- Select Copy Present mode link. This will copy a URL for the room currently selected in your admin.
- Paste the link into the embed code and replace "wall" in the URL with "app".
- Change room at the top of the Present mode and repeat the 2 and 3 steps for all rooms you need to embed
- Slido Event link
- Query parameters
- In your event, hover over the Present mode button
- Click Copy Present mode link
- Paste the Present mode link into the "src" attribute of the embed code