In order to use Slido at your event, a stable internet connection is required.
- We recommend a speed of 5 to 10 mbits/s per 100 participants to ensure a smooth and fast experience
- At large venues, it's a good practice to set up multiple access points to make sure people are connected at all times
Connecting up Slido devices & backups
Always have a backup plan to make sure you'll stay connected even if your Wi-Fi breaks.
- We recommend a LAN cable plugged into the presenter laptop to ensure a stable and uninterrupted connection
- Stable connection for devices that you'll use to administer Slido on the day
- Carry a smartphone with an active 3G or LTE data plan to quickly set up a Wi-Fi hotspot as a backup
Testing before showtime
We recommend a couple of simple checks before the show starts.
- Send a few questions and votes to Slido to test if the experience is fast and everything runs smoothly
- Continuously check if all Slido devices are connected to the network