Organize polls into sessions

• 24 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you're running multiple polls at your event or a meeting, there's a simple way to organize them into sessions and assign time and date. It will help you organize your agenda and stay on track.

In this article:

Assign a poll into a session

To create poll sessions:

1. Go to Live Polls
  2. Click the options icon on the right
  3. Select Assign session
  4. Type in the name of the session and select time

Assigning polls into sessions

This does not automatically activate the poll and it doesn’t affect Participant mode - it is simply for your convenience as admin

Move polls between sessions

You can drag and drop a poll to put it to a different session.

Dragging polls into another session

4 replies

Do “sessions" do anything other than helping to organise your event. ie. does it make them go live at the specified time?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Maree

Sessions are meant solely to help you organize your event. There isn’t an option to make them go live at a specific point, you will always need to activate everything manually. 

However, you can always add collaborators to help you manage your event. Here’s a quick guide. 

I’ve been able to group my poll items into Sessions in the Slido website.  When I try to use that Event in the Webex interface, I don’t see any mention of the Sessions; my polls are not organized in any obvious way.  Am I missing something?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Mike Hammond ,

The sessions do not automatically activate the poll and it doesn’t affect Participant mode - it is simply for your convenience as admin. There is no function other than helping you to keep your event organized and would not display in the Webex meeting.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,