Run a Survey via Slido

• 24 August 2020
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Surveys allow you to ask multiple poll questions at the same time. They let you group several polls which participants then fill in all at once. They’re also a great way to ask for feedback.

Available in all paid plans. 

Here’s a quick how-to video:

In this article:

Create a survey

If you’re starting from scratch and don’t have any polls in Slido yet, start by clicking on Create surveys at the bottom of your Live polls tab. 

If you already have some polls in your event:

1. Click on Create poll and select Survey
  2. Select a type of poll (Multiple choice, Word cloud, Rating, Open text, Ranking)
  3. Type in your question

Creating a survey

If you’d like to make a survey question mandatory, toggle on Required question on the right-hand side. Marking a question as mandatory means that participants must answer it to able to submit the survey.

Quick Tip #1: Turning a single poll to a Survey

If you started with a poll but want to add more questions to it, you can simply do so by clicking on Edit and then Create a survey at the bottom. 

Turning a poll into a survey

Quick Tip #2: Merging single polls to a Survey

Did you create your polls separately, but then decided to run them all at once? Don’t you worry, you can easily select the ones you want to group to a survey and merge them together. The article below shows you how: 

Edit and re-order poll questions in a Survey

1. Click the three vertical dots next to the Survey and select Edit
  2. Drag and drop your questions to change their order

Editing your survey

Changes appear immediately even when the survey is active.

Activate a Survey

To activate your survey, click the play icon next to it. The survey will then show up on participant devices as well as Present mode.

Activating a survey and previewing it in participant and present mode

Display Survey results

You can display the results for only one Survey question at a time

1. Click on the play button next to the survey
  2. Click on the monitor icon to show the results of a specific question in Present mode and on participant devices

Displaying survey results

Please note that results will only show up for participants if you select the monitor icon.

You can share your survey with the audience using a direct link if you wish. This can be useful if you're aiming to collect feedback after your meeting or event.

1. Click the vertical dots next to the survey and select Share
  2. Copy the Direct link or click on the two rectangles next to it
  3. Send the Direct link to your participants

Sharing a survey using a direct link

Curious about more?

20 replies

Is it possible to deactivate the “edit answer” button? So participants should not be able to change answers after pressing the “send” button.

Thx.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there, 

Thanks for your question!

At the moment, it’s not possible to prevent participants from editing their votes. Having said that, if you run the survey live, one workaround might be to lock the voting after everybody’s finished so people don’t change their votes while you’re presenting the results. ​​​​​​​I understand this might not be possible if you shared the link to the survey and everybody goes through it on their own. ​​​​​​​

I marked this as a feature request and forwarded it to our product team for further consideration.

--
​​​​​​​Dáša from Slido

Is there any way to allow more than one response to a survey?  I know we can for individual polls...

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Em_grrrl,

That’s a good question. Surveys only allow one response per participant at the moment. This is because the browser remembers that the participant submitted their response and it doesn’t let them submit again.

You could, however, create a poll with multiple answers allowed and share a link to it with your participants. This will take participants to that specific poll and let them submit multiple answers even after the event is over. Here is a tutorial for sharing the link.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Is it possible to add branching logic to a Survey so some questions are presented based on the participants response? For example if the question is “Are you satisfied with the service you receive” Yes/No and the participants selects no they are presented with a question “Please tell us why you are not satisfied.”  Thx!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Todd,

Unfortunately, this is currently not possible with Slido. 

Our team is working on improvements to our Surveys though, and this is definitely one of the features they’re exploring. However, we don’t have anything concrete in terms of development and timeline for this feature yet. I’ll make sure to update this thread once we have more info!

Let me know it there’s anything else that I can help with in the meantime 😊

Hi,

Is it possible to share a survey before an event has been activated? I know it’s possible to do this to collect questions before an event, but we would like to use Slido to collect input on conference topics and sessions in the two months ahead of the event. We plan to use the One-Time Professional plan in this case.

Thanks,

Eoghan

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @eoghan,

Yes, you can share a survey before an event has been activated :)

Simply create your survey and get the direct link by clicking on the three dots next to the poll, then ‘Share’ and then ‘Direct link’. Then send the direct link to your participants and they will be able to fill in the survey. This link can be shared any time, even outside of the event dates (even two months before the event) and you don’t need to activate the poll.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else 🎉

Is it possible to have participants view the results of all questions in a survey when sent out using a direct link?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @JuliaK,

No, participants can’t see the results of all questions in a survey if they fill it in offline. However, if you are presenting, you can show the results live

If you would like participants to see the results of all questions offline, then you would need to send direct links to each poll within the survey individually. You can split the survey into polls and then share links to each poll. 

Hope this helps 🙂 I am passing on your idea!

I have a group of meeting attendees that need to fill out a survey - I need to see each individual’s responses to the questions and it looks like the responses cannot be viewed that way - is that correct?

As an example, one of the questions in the survey is Shirt Size - I need to see that Tom submitted L, Joe submitted M, and Frank submitted XL.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @DGontz

it is actually possible to export your results and see how every participant answered the questions. You can find the option under Analytics tab in your Slido admin. Just click Export > Poll results per user

Here’s a detailed tutorial. You can also find the export examples in the article: 

Sorry for not mentioning this option here. We’ll make sure to add it in the upcoming days. 

Also, just a few points to keep in mind here: 

• If you want to see the names of your participants in the export, you’ll need to either set the option of requiring a name in your Event settings, or include a question about the name into your survey. 

• In case you you use Slido in Webex with meeting guests: please note that if you choose the ‘require name’ option in settings, data of external participants can’t be stored on our side. You can share the direct link instead for them to join via their web browser. That way, you’ll be able to collect their name and see it in the exports. 

Hope that helps! Please do let me know if you have any outstanding questions. 

Hello, is it possible to set up pathways within a survey?

Question 1:

1. A (directed to question 2 - will not need to answer question 3 and 4)
  2. B (directed to straight to question 3, bypassing 2 and not answering question 4)
  3. C (directed straight to question 4, bypassing 2 and 3)

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @mcanniej,

No, this is not possible in Slido at the moment, but I am passing this on as a feature request.

You could possibly use poll descriptions to tell participants which questions to answer, instead.

Thank you for sharing! :) 

Hello, is it possible to enable the participants to manage the questions by themselves - f.ex. if they have forgotten to answer question 3 to be able to go back to it without me (as an admin) managing it?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Svetoslava

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Svetoslava,

Yes, after submitting their answers, participants can go back and change their answers or add another answer. This is what it looks like for them:

Hope this helps :)

Is it possible to take a cut of the results within a certain timeframe once published/survey finished. I’ve realised the survey has run-on, combining two events and I only need the data for one. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Slidofan11

You can do this with exports. All results and votes are time stamped so you should be able to easily identify the batch of data you need 🙂

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help! 

Hi! 

Is it possible to accept photos from user’s mobile or PC? We’d like to create business card photo submission form. 

Nayoung 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Nana Green ,

Slido does not support the ability to upload photos as a participant, you can only upload an image to a Poll question.

We will submit this as a feature request on your behalf though :)

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,