Show poll results

• 24 August 2020
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Live polling is an effective way of keeping your audience engaged. Once the participants submit their vote or answers, the results are instantly updated in your Admin, on their device, and in Present mode.

In this article:

Poll results in Admin mode

Once you activate a poll, you can see the poll results on the right-hand side of your admin.

Or, you can click View results from the vertical three-dot menu to view the results of a selected poll without the need of activating it. 

Showing results on Admin

Remember the word cloud poll doesn't have a live preview in Admin, but shows the list of submissions as a quick overview in case you need to delete the irrelevant ones. 

Poll results in Present mode

Open the Present mode by clicking the green button and share your screen with your participants so everyone can see and easily follow the poll results.

file.php?view=Y&file=61rru4jbitl6wogizfrq5705dh4nb34y.gif

Select "Present on another screen" or "Copy Present mode link" and paste it to another tab of your browser if you're using Slido remotely and manage Slido directly from your Present mode.

Poll results in Participant mode

Once the participants send their answers, the results update in real-time on their devices. However, survey results will not be visible for participants at the moment. You can share your Present mode with the audience to display them.

To access Participant mode, click the button on the left-hand side of your Admin. This shows how the poll results will look for your participants' on their smartphones.

Showing results on participant mode [mobile view]

Drag the Participant mode by the top and drop it anywhere in your Admin to move it from its original place.

Curious about more?

17 replies

How do I know the participant wise result?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @subh

If you’d like to see results per participant, you can export your results per user and see how everybody voted based on their unique ID’s generated by the system. In case you also set up the requirement for entering the names, you’ll see those in exports, too. 

Is that what you had in mind? 

Is there a way to show results as they come in to everyone without sharing a screen?  I would like everyone to see results as they come in even if not voting.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Andrew Greenstone ,

If someone has the Slido poll open on their phone but is not voting, they will only be able to see the results on their phone once voting has closed so their screen will no longer have the poll options there. Once voting is closed the results (only if you click “show results”) will then appear on their phone.

Let us know if this helps, or you have any other questions.

Best,

Can I see live results but by team or group? So people answer a question beforehand listing their team and then following polls show the question result based on their grouping

Hi, how do we make it so the responses to a poll appear in order from the top response being the first and the bottom response being the latest. ie, we see poll responses in order from top to bottom? Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @fannyquddusnicot

There isn’t a way to customize polls like this, when the Poll results are shown, it will display all of the options to participants. 

A workaround for you that could work well, depending on the type of poll you are running, would be to facilitate a ranking poll. Ranking polls allow participants to drag and drop responses in a Slido poll in order of importance, which sounds like it could be good for your use case! 

Hope this helps! 

Best,

Hello! Is there a way to present all results at the end of a poll? 

I see there is an option “present single poll” but I can’t find an option to present entire poll. 

Badge

Hey @rayfun,

I guess you mean Survey here, results form that can be only presented in a way as you say, by single polls. 

We have this feature called “share Analytics” which would allow you to create a link with the Survey results and your participants can take a look on those there, would that help? 

Here’s how it works.

Kindly,

Thank you, yes, I meant sharing the results of the survey once the multiple polls are done. 
The share analytics is a nice feature to have, thank you for highlighting that.

Can I add a feature request where the survey results are summed up in one page without clicking on each individual poll result, either via a webpage or a PowerPoint slide (via the PPT plug in)?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @rayfun ,

Of course, thank you for sharing your ideas with us! We will submit this as a feature request.

Let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions!

Best,

Hello - is there a way to show poll results with the Slido app in Webex? My participants can see Q&A, but aren’t able to see other poll results in the Webex window (“Hide Results” is not checked).

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @gmcvx8 ,

When you activate a Poll, there will be controls at the bottom where you can then display the results of the poll.

You can find more about using Slido in Webex here. If you are still experiencing issues please reach out to support@slido.com so we can help troubleshoot better.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Is there a way to show multiple poll results on one PowerPoint slide? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @ahern,

it is possible to use our Powerpoint integration https://www.slido.com/powerpoint-polling that would allow you to integrate Slido multiple poll with the results directly in your Powerpoint presentation. 

On Slido survey, does everyone in the meeting need to submit their survey (ranking, word cloud, etc.) in order for them to see all the results? 

I am facilitating a Slido survey with a couple of my leaders. We only want to record the results of the “focus group participants,” - not the leaders. The leaders do not respond to the survey. However, when we put a Slido question up (example - ranking), the leaders cannot see the results. The only ones who can see the results are the focus group participants and me, the owner of the slide survey. 

Is there a setting on Slido where even those who don’t participate can still see the live results during the session? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @Diana Keene Graham,

this is correct in case you want to show the results for everyone then for live meetings Present mode of Slido would need to be showed on the screen. For virtual meetings I would recommend sharing that mode with participants via screen-share option. 

Here is an article showing how to launch Present mode of Slido: