Collect questions before your meeting or event

• 24 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sharing a Slido event before it takes place can help you crowdsource the most popular questions in advance. This allows you to get ready and build your content around what the audience wants to hear.

1. Click Share in your Admin mode
  2. Share the link with your participants

file.php?view=Y&file=tqjtt8sytj3h06vmn3vlsdz6s3y9iczx.gif

Curious about more?

8 replies

Hi, can I add a “Q&A title” to guide participants to ask the right questions? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @Drina 

We do have a feature called ‘Moderator announcement’ which could be used for a purpose of sharing instructions or other useful information during a Q&A session. This feature is available in our higher paid plans - Professional, Premium and Enterprise. You can learn more in the article featured below: 

Alternatively, if you’d like to collect questions beforehand, you can also post the message as your own question and highlight it so it appears on top of all questions while your audience submit theirs.

However, during the live Q&A session I’d suggest to instruct your audience verbally. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Please do let me know if I can help further!

All my best, 

Dáša

How do I want out survey questions before a meeting but make sure the participants do not see the results right after they take the survey? Would like the results to be revealed at the meeting. Thanks! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @ACLslid ,

You can send out the direct link to your activated Survey before your meeting happens, just be sure you have ‘hide results” marked off. If it is showing results it will only have the first question results displayed, not all of them. 

When you are going through the Survey you can show the results individually for each question.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

If I want to collect pre-submitted  questions for our Q&A prior to the event, can I share the event code and have them go into the event that way to submit their questions?   Will they be able to edit any other questions they see submitted (besides adding a thumbs up to another question)? We are trying to make sure we have some submitted prior, and plan to also collect more during our live Q&A.  Thank you!

Badge

Hey @monizon , 

You can share that event code, and they will be able to go there and post questions in Q&A and upvote. 

Participants cannot edit other participants questions.

So this should work just fine for you :)

If you need anything else, feel free to ask here, or reach to our support@slido.com or open a live chat on slido.com.

Hope it helps! 

Hi, can employees upvote Q&A questions before the event goes live? Thanks!

Badge

Hey @Frankie ,

Sure they can! 

As far as the event is active, so they can post into Q&A, they can also upvote with no problem :)

Please let us know if you’d need anything else, we’re happy to help!