Test your Slido event

• 24 August 2020
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Before your event or meeting starts, we recommend testing Slido.

If you purchased a paid plan, don't you worry! Testing your event won't make it expire.

You can either test Slido directly from your Admin or use a second device (such as a smartphone) to fully simulate the experience of your participants.

In this article:

Test directly from your Admin

The easiest way to test your event is by using the Participant mode widget which you can find on the left-hand side of your Admin. Simply open it when you want to send a testing question or try voting in a poll - or if you want to test anything else from your audience's perspective!

Once done, don’t forget to hit the green Present mode button (in the upper-right corner) to simulate showing Slido to your audience.

Try sending a question

file.php?view=Y&file=su7dro3035fw7xr27fihvhd50i835jxe.gif

Try voting in a poll

Please make sure that your poll is active before voting. You can activate a poll by hitting the green play button next to it.

file.php?view=Y&file=kz8oaxpc79zzerrkcacwacpnuiy9a6nv.gif

Test using a smartphone

Alternatively, you can also simulate the experience of your participants by joining your Slido event using an actual smartphone (or any other device you have at hand). Simply go to slido.com and type in your event code.

If you're doing your testing before the set event dates, you'll see your event listed as Upcoming. In that case, select your event from the list below to join it.

If your event is more than 45 days away, please test it directly from your Admin or using an event link which can be used to access the event at any time.

Try sending a question

Once you enter the event, you can send testing questions using your smartphone.

If you wish, you can check Slido Admin on your primary device (computer) to see the questions appear, along with the Present mode to simulate showing Slido to your audience.

Try voting in a poll

To test your polls, make sure you activate one first in your Admin by hitting the green play button next to it.

Afterwards, cast a vote to see the results update in real-time and make sure everything runs smoothly. 

Once again, if you wish, you can check Slido Admin on your primary device (computer), along with the Present mode to simulate showing poll results to your audience.

Delete testing questions and reset poll results

Once you finish testing, you can delete all submitted testing questions and reset poll results before running your actual meeting.

file.php?view=Y&file=crblfl9skh4woh58qyuh63m89u1wprdy.gif

Curious about more?

21 replies

I am hosting an event in 5 weeks (10 December) and will purchase a one-time subscription of Professional so that we can do moderated Q&A for that event. I haven’t used Slido before so would like to purchase a one-time subscription now so that I have time to practise using it and check out the different features, particularly how moderation of questions works and making sure the branding looks right. If I purchase the one-time Professional pass now (4 November), and want to have a couple of colleagues log on in the next week or two to test it out, will that affect the planned event use period which will be in December?

Thanks.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @CJC

We definitely advise doing doing a dry run and testing out Slido before going live. 

If you purchase your plan in advance, just remember to set the dates to the planned event. For the testing, proceed as per the guide and it won’t affect your planned event. :muscle:

Happy to address any additional questions you may have. :)

Good luck with your event!

Hi @Francesca 

Is there a time limit on the one-off plan, e.g. can I purchase now and have access for at least 40 days? Can I use it to run a small test event with external stakeholders?

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @CJC, apologies for the delayed response, your additional question seems to have slipped through our list.

You can purchase the one-off plan anytime - even months before the actual event will take place. You can also do some test runs to make sure everything goes smooth on the day. 

Here you can find out more about the one-time plans: 

and testing: 

Hope this helps!

Hi,

I have a one time event, but my poll does not show up when I am testing the event.  I can’t seem to figure out why - I think the dates are set correctly.  Can you assist?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Charlcye,

If you can only see the poll in your admin view but not in your participant view, this can mean that you haven’t activated the poll yet. 

The way polls work is that after you create one, you need to activate it in order for your participants to be able to vote. 

Here’s a more detailed article about poll activation:

If you’ve activated the poll and it is still not showing up in participant view, there might be a bigger problem. Please reach out to our Customer Care at support@slido.com, they will be able to troubleshoot this with you really fast 😊

Let me know if there’s anything else that I can help with!

Hi, there!

I am preparing a presentation on Canva and want to use Slido for an ice-breaker activity and a couple of surveys.

The presentation will be saved as a PDF.

How can I use Slido while presenting?

The event is in-person.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @KateBoll

Whilst there is not currently any integration with Canva, you do have the Slido for Google Slides  and Slido for PowerPoint integrations for running your presentation. You can of course present this with Slido standalone too. 
We have a great blog post that covers Icebreakers and a help center page for running surveys in Slido

To ease you in, we would recommend testing your event before you deliver it in person. 

If you still have any questions or require some more hands on assistance, our customer care team are available 24/5, through live chat in Slido admin or at support@slido.com

Hope this helps! 

if I am on the basic free plan, how would i do a test run for a quiz?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @JamesT

You can test your event on the basic plan  from Slido Admin. This way, you can test how it would display to your participants. 
With a quiz, you would create it, then activate the quiz. Select the participant sidebar on the left and take part in a dry run from the participant mode 😊

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hello,

I have purchased a one-time-event plan a month ago, i set the event date and then changed it 2 times. Will this afect my event? (it will be in 2 days from now and i can see that is still active).

Thank you.

Hello - I booked a one-time event. Can I run, before the event, one or more trial sessions with several test participants who will all use their individual deviced (smartphones) ?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @TobiasB

Yes you can! 😊
Infact, we would recommend testing your event with admin and a device, so you’re well prepared for your upcoming event. If you follow the steps in the article below, you’ll be all set!

Once you’re done testing, just make sure to reset your polls and delete any questions from the test so you can start your event fresh! 

Hope this helps!

Best,

Do I have to download anything for the zoom meeting?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Adlbraklin ,

You can find our detailed instructions on how to use Slido with Zoom from here.

All you need to download is the Zoom desktop app. You can find Slido from the apps within Zoom.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Hey,

I want to purchase a One Time Event and plan on using it in April. I’m most interested in the survey function used as a feedback survey after the event. How long can the feedback survey be online and active for participants to fill out? 

It says in the Pricing Plan that an event can last for up to 7 days. Can I use the feedback survey for longer?

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @pyXea ,

Apologies for the delay in response to this!

Your event dates can be active for up to 7 days, allowing you to activate polls during that time. You can find more about how to run the One-Time events from here.

You can share the permanent link to the Survey before or after your event dates to collect feedback outside of the event dates this way.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

No worries, thanks for getting back to me.

So just to make sure I got this right:

I can set up a survey BEFORE the event and create a direct link, which i can then share AFTER the event is over, to collect feedback? And this link can be active for unlimited amount of time?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @pyXea ,

It will be available for a short time after the event dates so you can collect feedback after the event :)

Best,

Hey,

okay, so this ‘short time’ is exactly what I want to know.

How long will the survey be available?

It’s kind of a crucial detail to know about when using slido as a feedback survey tool.

Kind regards!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @pyXea ,

Our one-time packages are designed to accommodate meetings or events that happen within a seven day period. Of course, you likely would like to get feedback after this period, so if you use the direct poll link in your materials afterwards, people will be able to submit their feedback for as long as you need.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,