Solved

Slido window goes grey for participants in MS Teams

Hello! 

I integrated Slido with Microsoft Teams. Until a few days ago, all participants were able to successfully participate in the Quiz created with your platform.
For some hours, however, we have had this problem: some of the participants, after clicking the "S" icon, cannot see the "Join" button in order to participate, but are faced with a gray screen.
This is a problem that only happens to some users. All users use the Teams App.

Instead this screen should appear this:

Do you have any suggestions to solve this problem? Thank you

icon

Best answer by Meggie from Slido 13 April 2022, 12:10

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Goon Italia,

Thanks for sharing! Our developers would like more information to be able to fix this. I have reached out to you via email :)

Hi @Maggie from Slido

I have exactly the same problem. For some users it works OK, the others can see only the gray bar. Can you contact me too? Thanks M.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @MiC,

Yes, I’ve just reached out via private message :)

Hi @Maggie from Slido - I have the same problem today! Can you help please? 

Thanks

Julia

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @JuliaR,

I’m really sorry to hear that!

We have been investigating this but it seems like the problem might be on MS Teams’ side. We are now checking this with Teams and I will update the thread as soon as we know more.

In the meantime, you can always ask participants to join the event using their devices. They can either scan the QR code or enter the event code at www.slido.com.

Hope this helps!

I have the same problem today? Could you help me as I want to use it tomorrow :)

Hi @Maggie from Slido Same issue here please any advice?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @KatMa@Voxxy and everyone,

We have been investigating this but it looks like it’s actually an issue on MS Teams’ side. We have raised a ticket with MS Teams here. If you’re experiencing this issue, please take a look at the thread and feel free to contribute. I will also update this thread when we have more information 🙂 

In the meantime, you can always ask participants to join the event using their devices. They can either scan the QR code or enter the event code at www.slido.com.

I’m sorry about any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience while we figure this one out! 🤗

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Goon Italia@MiC@JuliaR@KatMa and @Voxxy,

Unfortunately we still haven’t heard from MS Teams support. If you could download logs from your Teams app and send them to us, it would be really helpful in solving this.

Here is how to get logs:

1. Add Slido to your meeting
  2. Start your meeting
  3. Wait for the grey window to show up
  4. The person seeing the grey window can now get logs
  5. For Windows, get logs like this:
    1. Right-click on Microsoft Teams in the system tray (bottom right corner of your screen)
    2. Select Collect support files
    3. A new Notepad file will open
    4. Save the file
  6. For Mac, get logs like this:
    1. Press Option + Command + Shift + 1
    2. Wait for the files to get organised into a folder
    3. Find the file in your Downloads folder 
  7. Please send the file to support@slido.com, referencing this community article

Please let me know if you have any questions 🙂 Thank you for sharing and for your patience!

Badge

Hi there we have the same issue, any updates?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Chris Barlow,

There’s no updates yet because we have not been able to replicate this issue :(

Would you be able to follow the steps above and send logs to support@slido.com? That would be massively helpful in understanding and fixing the issue.

Thank you!

Hey @Chris Barlow,

There’s no updates yet because we have not been able to replicate this issue :(

Would you be able to follow the steps above and send logs to support@slido.com? That would be massively helpful in understanding and fixing the issue.

Thank you!

Our organization has been seeing this same issue with in large meetings (over 150+ participants). It does not happen for everyone and I have not seen it happen on my machine to take logs. Perhaps you could try to test this internally using a larger pool of Slido employees as participants to see if you can find a participant who can pull the logs. I will see if I can do the same at my company in the future.

Badge

Just to let you know I have provided logs and the issue is with Microsoft support now