Question

How can I use Slido in PowerPoint presentation uploaded to Teams?

• 15 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi. I’m running a PowerPoint presentation using Teams, with Slido polls etc in there. I’m keen to use the new presenter view in Teams (where you upload the file into Teams rather than share your view) so that I can see my notes, and see attendees plus see any written comments/questions. However I’m finding that the slido polls aren’t functioning in this view at all. 

Does anyone know of a work around?

If I simply share my view as a presenter (rather than upload) this means I lose being able to see the attendees and view questions and it basically becomes a one sided, talk show. But that said, Slido does work that way. 

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi and thank you very much for reaching out!

Unfortunately Microsoft doesn’t support any add-ins when presenting a presentation uploaded to MS Teams. That is why Slido also doesn’t work in such a use case.

So the only way to use Slido for PowerPoint currently is to present from the desktop PowerPoint program.

Hope this helps!

Hello, 

Has there been an update to this issue? Hoping to use Slido using the MS Teams Presenter view now.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Project Academy,

There is no update, unfortunately, Slido still doesn’t work when you upload a file to presenter view in MS Teams. You can instead just share your screen with the presentation.

Let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Any update on this? I’m still having the same issue, having to choose to either see my presentation notes or the Slido slides 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @KevMac

There is no update currently.

The Slido add-in needs to be running through PowerPoint for your Slido slides to work, and as Teams doesn’t support PowerPoint add-ins when sharing PowerPoint files, Slido will not work when using Teams presenter view/PowerPoint live. 

Let me know if you need help with anything else!