Question

Slido for PowerPoint Error: "You appear to be offline. Check your internet connection."

• 30 July 2021
  • 6 replies

I followed steps from video to download add-in. As soon as I open PowerPoint, Slido icon says I’m offline. The error never goes away even if I logout of Slido and back in again. I am most definitely not offline. Has anyone seen this error before? Thanks.

6 replies

Badge

Hi @FrantzCF 

I’m sorry you have issues with the addin.

Can you create a log file and contact us at support@slido.com?

How to get logs

1. Click Start, type Slido and launch it
  2. Right-click the “S” icon in the system tray (bottom-right corner)
  3. Select Get logs
  4. Attach the generated .zip file to the email to support@slido.com

If you cannot see the Slido button in the ribbon bar, please try the steps in the I can’t see the Slido button in PowerPoint section of our guide Troubleshooting Slido for PowerPoint | Slido Community 

The support team will then be able to look into this further for you and hopefully get it resolved!

Logs are on the way

I am having the exact same issue.  Any resolution suggests?

thanks,

shane

Badge

Hi, Shane, 

Sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing the issue. 

Please send us the logs to support@slido.com following the steps posted above by my colleague Graeme. 

Our lovely Customer Care team will troubleshoot with you further. 

Hope that helps!

Best, 

Dasa

I had this same problem yesterday. I noticed that it was taking an extremely long time to integrate a new poll into my slide set.  I did this despite the red exclamation point on the Slido icon. However, when I went to Present with Slido I could only get a white screen, the poll never replaced the placeholder item. I finally uninstalled the Slido add-in and then reinstalled it. It worked and then the powerpoint presentation worked seamlessly.

Hello,

Has this problem been resolved yet? I’m having the same issue.

Cheers