Question

Slido poll PowerPoint slide cut off in presenter mode

• 20 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Greetings,

I am using the Slido add-in in ppt. I used the slido presentation mode to display by Slido wordcloud poll. The slide came up the question and the password were cut off.  See images below. Any thoughts?

PS. I am using two screens, it works on my big screen but not on my laptop screen. I like to have the presentation showing on my laptop screen.

4 replies

Badge

Hi @Gknefel, when you start presenting does the slide show and presenter view start at the correct screen? Or do you use the Display Settings > Swap Presenter View and Slide Show to change the screen setup?

One workaround could be to change the monitor where presenter view should show by default:

If this does not solve your issue, don’t hesitate to write us.

Best regards,
Joži.

Hello, I’ve started encountering this problem after a recent update, but I think I found a way around it.

If I have a blank slide just before the Slido material, the Slido fits my secondary display perfectly.  But when I start the PowerPoint presentation with Slido, it seems like Slido inherits the resolution of my main display (a 4K monitor), where I have Presenter View,  and displays that in my secondary screen (1080p), which is where I display the full slide show, resulting to a cropped view like the OP shows.

Jozi’s workaround did not work for me. I find i need to keep restarting PowerPoint. Even then, sometimes it doesn’t work

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Libby

I’m sorry to see that the workaround didn’t work. So we can take a closer look into this issue and do some troubleshooting, could you contact our customer care team?
They are available 24/5 and will be happy to assist! 

You can get in touch via our live chat through Slido admin or contact support@slido.com. If you can include any screenshots of your issue too, that would be super helpful!