Question

How can I make the font smaller in present mode?

• 3 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I have a poll with 18 multiple responses and only about 6 of them fit on the screen.  Can you change the font size?  I do not want to change my resolution as I have a second monitor that I use in Presenter’s View.  

Bests, Sue

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @sbeyer 

We are unable to change the font size as it would depend on the screen size and resolution for each individual user. 

However, we have a new feature where you are able to Zoom In and out when presenting to your participants. You can manage this feature in present mode. This option allows you to display more poll results!

Hope this helps!

Thank you, Cori, for your reply.  It will allow me to Zoom In and Out for the “Question Slide” however, when I click to show the results and then Zoom Out, it advances the slide to the next slide.  Any other thoughts?

Bests, Sue

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @sbeyer

I just tested this presenting with Slido and couldn’t replicate the issue, this shouldn’t happen if you are using the settings on the control bar below:

Zoom In/Out

Are you using Slido standalone or with Our Google Slides or PowerPoint Integration?

Our customer care team are available 24/5 and happy to assist with any issues! You can reach them at support@slido.com or through our live chat in your Slido admin. 

Best, 

Thank you, Cori.  I am using it within a Power Point presentation.  I’ll reach out to your support team unless you have a quick answer for me. Only showing 7 of 18.

Bests, Sue

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @sbeyer

That would explain it, the zoom In/Out feature isn’t available for PowerPoint and there is no way for us to be able to display all options to fit on the screen when presenting. I will take this feedback to the wider team.

One workaround to consider if your poll answers are short and concise would be to run a Word cloud, which would display more due to its format type. You would just select ‘Word cloud’ when you create a poll. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions! 

Best,

Hi Cori,

Your support chat helped me figure out that when I am in Power Point, in presenter’s view with a second monitor, I could take my mouse to the second monitor and scroll down the page to see the remaining 12 out of the 18 since only the first 6 were showing.  This is a ranking poll where you choose your top 3 out of 18.  I do love the Word Cloud which is what I use for Poll #1.  Thank you for your help.  I am all set now.

Bests, Sue