Question

Why isn't it possible to use slido with powerpoint on a Mac ?

• 24 March 2022
  • 4 replies

I use a Mac and cannot get Slido to work properly for surveys in power point.  Tried to download Slido Switcher but this is not a satisfactory solution.

Any other solutions you may know ?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Alloue,

This integration is currently available only for computers with Windows and there’s no workaround to use it directly in PowerPoint.

What is available for Mac users is our integration for Google Slides which allows you to link your Slido event with the presentation the same way as PowerPoint, without any restrictions for operating system. If you want to know more, visit this article.

Alternatively, you can set up Present mode in your browser and then move between the PowerPoint presentation and Slido using the three-finger swipe.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions :)

Thank you for your reply.

You have to undestand that every work-around is an additionnal complication and if they get multiplied everytime we use some type of new software this distracts us from the tasks on which we actually earn money.

For now I’ll stick to PC’s (we have a mixed work environment) but I would really see slido intergrate into powerpoint for Mac

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Alloue,

Thank you for flagging this! I totally understand that workarounds can be extra work sometimes and I am passing it on.

Let me know if you need anything else 🤗

Hi,

I also have the same concern. In fact, equal number of people probably use Mac OS and they would want to see Slide integrated in powerpoint or Keynote. User would naturally would want to move to other platforms like PollsEverywhere, etc wherever they see such easy integrations available. 

Just wondering about the progress on releasing Mac integration before I go forward to upgrade my current plan. Any anticipated period of when will we get to see this?

regards

Hasan Baig

Assistant Professor at UConn, USA.