Solved

Is there any integration of Slido in Powerpoint on a Mac?

• 20 September 2021
  • 50 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello! Is there any integration of Slido in Powerpoint on a Mac?

icon

Best answer by Martin Broz 14 December 2023, 14:00

View original

50 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @ssilver18,

Unfortunately, our PowerPoint integration is currently only available for Windows. 

However, we do have a great Google Slides integration that works equally great! Would you be up for trying that in the meantime?

Let me know if you need any help with setting it up! 

Hi @ssilver18,

Unfortunately, our PowerPoint integration is currently only available for Windows. 

However, we do have a great Google Slides integration that works equally great! Would you be up for trying that in the meantime?

Hi @Alex - I second @ssilver18’s feature request. You’ve suggested using Google Slides “in the meantime”, does that mean PowerPoint for Mac compatibility is coming? And if so, would you have an ETA on this please? I’ve tried the Switcher app and that’s not quite what I am looking for.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @pmteam,

The Slido for PowerPoint integration on Mac is definitely something that we are looking into but unfortunately, we don’t have an ETA for it right now. That’s why we recommend using our Google Slides integration for now, as it’s available for both Mac and Microsoft users. I do realize that it’s not the best solution for Mac PowerPoint users, to just switch to another tool just to use Slido. 

As an easy and quick fix to try that we used in the “old-days” (pre-integrations) is to set up 2 screens on your Mac - one with slides and one with Slido wall and simply swipe between them, if your presentation setup allows that. 

I’d love to hear your feedback on Switcher and why it’s not a working that well for you?

Any updates on this request for Slido for Powerpoint for Mac?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @GregSmith - unfortunately, I have no more updates at the moment. 

I’ll make sure to update this thread once we have more information about this feature 😊

Let me know if there’s anything else that I can help with in the meantime! 

I have a Mac and invested in the Slido subscription to enable me to integrate Slido into PowerPoint. Unfortunately the only option for integration provided by Slido is a Download for Windows. I need a Download for a Mac. Has anyone experienced this problem and overcome it.  If so can you please share your solution

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Barbara Scrugham,

Unfortunately, we currently only offer our PowerPoint integration for Windows. Although we have the integration for Mac on our roadmap, we don’t have a concrete ETA for it. 

What I can recommend for now is to try our Google Slides integration or use Slido as a standalone app, without integrating it. 

The latter is actually quite simple on Mac as you can simply open Slido Present Mode in your browser and then open your presentation and start presenting. Whenever you need to jump to Slido, you simply swipe between the screens with three fingers on your trackpad . You can then simply moderate Slido right form your Present Mode using the Control Panel in your bottom-left corner. 

I apologize for the inconvenience and please let me know if you need help setting up 😊

Why is it taking so long to add a plug-in for mac? thank you for the workarounds but not everyone wants to use Google Slides or want or need to have two monitors or screens to present. just get the mac plug in working. 

So it’s kind of ridiculous that the polling is promoted but then once we sign on find out it doesn’t work for macbooks/iOS
I made the switch to macbook due to my work environment and repeatedly having issues with WINDOWS so I’m extremely disappointed that all you offer is some convoluted complexity that I can’t be bothered trying to learn when other options exist.
leaving now to find other options for polling on my zoom course.

It’s been months, it should have become available ages ago

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Bmcnair and @Earth2Sky,

Thank you for letting us know and I’m sorry the plug-in is not available yet.

Using the web app with PowerPoint on Mac is really straightforward, you don’t need any extra monitors or screens. I have created a video showing how to set it up, here.

I totally understand your frustration and that this is not ideal, and I am passing on your feedback. When the plug-in has become available for Mac, I will update this thread and keep an eye on our Product news where we will announce this, too.

Please let me know if you would like any extra resources or help with setting this up, I’m more than happy to help. Or feel free to reach out to our customer care team at support@slido.com or by opening a chat from Slido admin, they will be happy to help as well.

I use a Mac and cannot get Slido to work properly for surveys in power point.  Tried to download Slido Switcher but this is not a satisfactory solution.

Any other solutions you may know ?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Alloue,

This integration is currently available only for computers with Windows and there’s no workaround to use it directly in PowerPoint.

What is available for Mac users is our integration for Google Slides which allows you to link your Slido event with the presentation the same way as PowerPoint, without any restrictions for operating system. If you want to know more, visit this article.

Alternatively, you can set up Present mode in your browser and then move between the PowerPoint presentation and Slido using the three-finger swipe.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions :)

Just want to echo the other sentiments. Very disappointing that this is not available for mac, and one the main barriers to recruiting more paid subscribers,  please resolve ASAP as many many educators in higher ed use mac interface.

Thank you,

Thank you for your reply.

You have to undestand that every work-around is an additionnal complication and if they get multiplied everytime we use some type of new software this distracts us from the tasks on which we actually earn money.

For now I’ll stick to PC’s (we have a mixed work environment) but I would really see slido intergrate into powerpoint for Mac

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Alloue,

Thank you for flagging this! I totally understand that workarounds can be extra work sometimes and I am passing it on.

Let me know if you need anything else 🤗

Any update for a MAC powerpoint integration?

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @adiana,

There is no update yet, but check out this thread for workarounds :)

Do you have any idea in when the mac integration will be available? Are we talking months or years here? I can imagine given it doesnt sound like its on the development roadmap it may be quite a long time? @Meggie from Slido ]

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @brettyboop,

We are still exploring how we to start building the integration so we don’t have a timeline yet. It would likely not be years, but not a few months either.

Sorry I don’t have a more concrete answer here! Keep an eye on this thread or Product News and we will let you know if there are any updates :)

Userlevel 1

Just want to let you know that the workaround with using Google isn't gonna work for our institution. This is due to GDPR concerns. A lot of our teachers use Mac’s and it's frustrating that we can not offer them the same great product. I know we can use the switcher app, but why make it more difficult than it needs to be? Some of your competitors has already been able to develop a PowerPoint integration for Mac.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Mads

Thanks for letting us know. I completely understand your frustration here, it would be a great addition to our product.

At the moment, PowerPoint integration for Mac is something we recognize the need for and there are people working on this. We still, however, cannot provide a timeline for when this will be complete. 

Sorry if this isn’t the answer you were looking for, we will post an update as soon as we know more on this. In the meantime, if you’d like to share your GDPR concerns, could you email our lovely customer care support@slido.com? This way we can record your feedback to share and ensure It’s looked at. 

Has there been any  progress in getting a Mac Powerpoint Plugin for SLIDO

Google slides are not an option and we are getting a lot of requests from our Mac users.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @clilly 

At the moment, PowerPoint integration for Mac is something we recognize the need for and there are people working on this. We still, however, cannot provide a timeline for when this will be complete. 

Sorry if this isn’t the answer you were looking for, It would be a great feature to have and we’d love to bring it to our customers as soon as we can.

Watch this space! 

Hi,

I also have the same concern. In fact, equal number of people probably use Mac OS and they would want to see Slide integrated in powerpoint or Keynote. User would naturally would want to move to other platforms like PollsEverywhere, etc wherever they see such easy integrations available. 

Just wondering about the progress on releasing Mac integration before I go forward to upgrade my current plan. Any anticipated period of when will we get to see this?

regards

Hasan Baig

Assistant Professor at UConn, USA.

this thread has been super helpful. I decided not to subscribe to slido b/c of the lack of powerpoint for mac integration, as there are free versions of other apps that already include this integration..