Solved

PowerPoint add-in disappeared

• 27 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, After opening PPT, Slido indicated I needed to install an update. When I did that (or attempted to), the green S circle disappeared. When I check for active plug ins, it’s gone.  What should I do? 

icon

Best answer by Meggie from Slido 3 May 2022, 14:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Donna Wojo,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the integration! Please follow these steps to repair the installation:

1. Close Microsoft PowerPoint and save documents
  2. Restart PC
  3. Open Start menu and run the Slido app
  4. If repair starts running (the installator opens), let it finish
  5. Open PowerPoint

If the plug-in is still not visible, check whether it’s listed under disabled add-ins and enable it like this:

1. Go to File → Option → Add-ins 
  2. Manage (at the bottom) → select Disabled Items from the dropdown menu → Click Go
  3. Click on Slido (Addin: slido.powerpoint.addin (slidoaddin.dll) → Click Enable (item disappears) → Click Close → Click OK
  4. The Slido button won’t appear immediately (it went to Inactive Application Add-ins)
  5. Go to File → Option → Add-ins 
  6. Manage (at the bottom) → select COM Add-ins from the dropdown menu → Click Go
  7. Check Slido → Click OK
  8. The Slido button will appear immediately 

Could you also check whether you’ve downloaded the Echo360, EverCam 9, HPE Content Manager, Egress or FactSet plug-ins recently? Our integration is not compatible with these.

Let me know whether this helped or if you have any questions :)

I have the same issue.  Went through the instructions provided, but I get the following error:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @CrisL

It looks like you may need to change the User Account Control.

Could you follow the fix steps in our troubleshooting for PowerPoint article here and let us know how you get on? 

Best,

Not sure what transpired, but after some additional MS updates installed on my computer, I re-installed Slido and it did install properly and is now working.  Thanks for the assist and the references!!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Happy to hear that @CrisL!! :)