Question

Slido poll PowerPoint slide cut off in presenter mode

• 20 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Greetings,

I am using the Slido add-in in ppt. I used the slido presentation mode to display by Slido wordcloud poll. The slide came up the question and the password were cut off.  See images below. Any thoughts?

PS. I am using two screens, it works on my big screen but not on my laptop screen. I like to have the presentation showing on my laptop screen.

6 replies

Badge

Hi @Gknefel, when you start presenting does the slide show and presenter view start at the correct screen? Or do you use the Display Settings > Swap Presenter View and Slide Show to change the screen setup?

One workaround could be to change the monitor where presenter view should show by default:

If this does not solve your issue, don’t hesitate to write us.

Best regards,
Joži.

Hello, I’ve started encountering this problem after a recent update, but I think I found a way around it.

If I have a blank slide just before the Slido material, the Slido fits my secondary display perfectly.  But when I start the PowerPoint presentation with Slido, it seems like Slido inherits the resolution of my main display (a 4K monitor), where I have Presenter View,  and displays that in my secondary screen (1080p), which is where I display the full slide show, resulting to a cropped view like the OP shows.

Jozi’s workaround did not work for me. I find i need to keep restarting PowerPoint. Even then, sometimes it doesn’t work

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Libby

I’m sorry to see that the workaround didn’t work. So we can take a closer look into this issue and do some troubleshooting, could you contact our customer care team?
They are available 24/5 and will be happy to assist! 

You can get in touch via our live chat through Slido admin or contact support@slido.com. If you can include any screenshots of your issue too, that would be super helpful!

We’ve recently encountered this issue, too. When using Slido last week at a meeting of 180 of our teammates, I was using the Audience Q&A feature and we were using projectors with large screens. Slido was cutting off part of the screen making it impossible for me to see all of the text in the questions being posed. I had used the Audience Q&A feature previously and it worked fine. 

The second user on our account is using it today in a Zoom meeting, and Slido is doing the same thing - clipping off part of the content when in PowerPoint presentation mode. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Michael Hotaling ,

I’m sorry to hear you were experiencing this. Were you able to try these suggested fixes/workarounds?

If you are still having this issue and its presenting via PPT please write to support@slido.com so we can help troubleshoot.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,