Question

Will the PowerPoint plugin work after Office365 upgrade?

• 7 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have a user who is currently using PowerPoint 2010, and they are scheduled to be upgraded to Office 365. Will this disrupt the user’s use of Slido, and does Slido support Office 365?

Kind regards,

Marco

4 replies

Badge

Hi @Marco,

we do support Office 365 and upgrading from MS Office 2010 to Office 365 will preserve the Slido Addin in PowerPoint.

If there are problems with Slido for Windows after the upgrade, we are here to help Contact us | Slido - Audience Interaction Made Easy

Best regards,
Jozi.

Hi @jozi

I have the latest version of Powerpoint 365, but after I downloaded the Slido Windows add-in (SlidoSetup_v0.18.2.1721), the button does not show up in any of the menu tabs (Home, Insert, Design, Slide Show, etc). I tried uninstalling, re-installing, and also “repairing” it but to no avail. Is there another way to troubleshoot this or is there something else you recommend to activate the Powerpoint 365 integration?

Kind regards,

Vinnie

While upgrade the beta version 0.18.2.1721, it can not enable on our PowerPoint 2019 & new 365.

However the version 0.17.2.1524 is no problem.

Badge

Hi @V8T,

I’m sorry for a late reply, I have just come back from the vacation.

Slido for Windows should work immediately after installing it. In case the Slido button is not visible on the Home tab in you PowerPoint, please check these steps for manual troubleshooting:

Check the Microsoft Office 365 edition you have installed

1. In the PowerPoint, choose File from the top left corner, and then click either Account or Help on the left navigation bar.
  2. You’ll see your Office version and information under Product information, on the right side of the window.

3. Note the Version of your PowerPoint.

We do not support the version labeled as Windows Store or Microsoft Store.
The Slido Addin requires the edition called as “Click-to-Run”.

About Office: What version of Office am I using? - Office Support (microsoft.com)

If you have the correct edition of MS Office, please run the Slido application from the Start menu. An icon will appear in the tray area (where the icons for battery, network and/or date and time are displayed).

Right click on this Slido icon and click on Get logs. Please, send the generated ZIP file to our Customer Care team using e-mail to support@slido.com and we will check it for technical issues.

Best regards,
Jozi