Question

Duplicate or share my event with a trainer to access from his own account?

• 2 March 2022
  • 5 replies

I will be out of the office and a different trainer will conduct my class. I need a way to share my Slido event with him (or duplicate it) so he can access it from his own account while I’m gone. How can I do that? I used Slido via WebEx (corporate account).

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Asopkovich,

You can simply add your colleague to your event using collaborator access. You will need to log in at www.slido.com, open the event you’d like to share and add your colleague via the event settings. They will then be able to access the event and run polls.

Just be mindful of whether your colleague is in the same Webex organisation. If they are, then when they’re added as a collaborator, they will be able to access and change the event settings. If they are not part of your Webex organisation, then they will not be able to access settings - they will only be able to run polls and the Q&A.

Hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any further questions.

follow-up question: If I have a slido account but my colleague has a webex/slido account, can I create events that are in powepoint that, if I share the event with them, they can launch if they use the same powerpoint? I do not use webex but they do, so I am not under the enterprise WebEx account.

Badge

Hey @INPO Learning Dev,

to collaborate with someone outside of your organization you will need to make sure that the owner has enabled the “Exclude Guests” setting. This will allow outside guest collaborators to help run your event.

If your colleague is using PowerPoint they will also need to download the add-on for PPT for this to work. Do you know if they are wanting to use the Webex Integration for their Slido event? If so they should create the event under their account or have you transfer the event to them for this to work.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Hi @Asopkovich,

You can simply add your colleague to your event using collaborator access. You will need to log in at www.slido.com, open the event you’d like to share and add your colleague via the event settings. They will then be able to access the event and run polls.

Just be mindful of whether your colleague is in the same Webex organisation. If they are, then when they’re added as a collaborator, they will be able to access and change the event settings. If they are not part of your Webex organisation, then they will not be able to access settings - they will only be able to run polls and the Q&A.

Hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi Meggie, 

if I have been given access to the slido event of a colleague. Does that give me the ability to duplicate their event to use the survey and polls on my own events? I used to have access to duplicate shared events but now I don’t, is there something we are doing wrong?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @crpachec,

As a guest collaborator, you cannot duplicate the event, but you can use the polls from that event in your own events.

When you open Templates and select My previous polls, you can find polls from the event you’ve been invited to and you can then add those to your event.

Hope this helps 🤗