Question

Duplicate or share my event with a trainer to access from his own account?

I will be out of the office and a different trainer will conduct my class. I need a way to share my Slido event with him (or duplicate it) so he can access it from his own account while I’m gone. How can I do that? I used Slido via WebEx (corporate account).

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Asopkovich,

You can simply add your colleague to your event using collaborator access. You will need to log in at www.slido.com, open the event you’d like to share and add your colleague via the event settings. They will then be able to access the event and run polls.

Just be mindful of whether your colleague is in the same Webex organisation. If they are, then when they’re added as a collaborator, they will be able to access and change the event settings. If they are not part of your Webex organisation, then they will not be able to access settings - they will only be able to run polls and the Q&A.

Hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any further questions.

Badge

In my organization we have separate teams that create content (“Developers”) and that deliver / facilitate content (“Facilitators”). Our facilitators all have Webex / Slido accounts, but “Developers” do not. I want to know what the workflow should be so that Developers can create interactions and put them into powerpoint decks that Facilitators can then open and use. Can Developers create slido interactions with a Slido account (Developers do not have webex) and then transfer the events to the Facilitator (slido / webex)  account so that the Facilitator logs in to their account and the interactions work? The facilitator may or may not be delivering training via webex - they facilitate face to face and via webex.

Does anyone do this? How can it be done?

Badge

Follow-up question: If I have a slido account but my colleague has a webex/slido account, can I create events that are in powepoint that, if I share the event with them, they can launch if they use the same powerpoint? I do not use webex but they do, so I am not under the enterprise WebEx account.

Badge

Hey @INPO Learning Dev,

to collaborate with someone outside of your organization you will need to make sure that the owner has enabled the “Exclude Guests” setting. This will allow outside guest collaborators to help run your event.

If your colleague is using PowerPoint they will also need to download the add-on for PPT for this to work. Do you know if they are wanting to use the Webex Integration for their Slido event? If so they should create the event under their account or have you transfer the event to them for this to work.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Badge

Hey @INPO Learning Dev,

Do the Developers have Slido accounts at all? I think for this to work best it would be ideal for Developers AND Facilitators to have Webex/Slido accounts for the creation and transferring of events to be more seamless.

Having the Developers create the Slido event and then transfer the ownership to the Facilitator that will then input the Slido deck into whatever presentation they want and to deliver the created materials.

Would this be possible? If getting Developers and facilitators to be in the same organization then there would be more steps to have this run as you intend.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Hi @Asopkovich,

You can simply add your colleague to your event using collaborator access. You will need to log in at www.slido.com, open the event you’d like to share and add your colleague via the event settings. They will then be able to access the event and run polls.

Just be mindful of whether your colleague is in the same Webex organisation. If they are, then when they’re added as a collaborator, they will be able to access and change the event settings. If they are not part of your Webex organisation, then they will not be able to access settings - they will only be able to run polls and the Q&A.

Hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi Meggie, 

if I have been given access to the slido event of a colleague. Does that give me the ability to duplicate their event to use the survey and polls on my own events? I used to have access to duplicate shared events but now I don’t, is there something we are doing wrong?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @crpachec,

As a guest collaborator, you cannot duplicate the event, but you can use the polls from that event in your own events.

When you open Templates and select My previous polls, you can find polls from the event you’ve been invited to and you can then add those to your event.

Hope this helps 🤗

Badge

The intention when we decided to start using Slido was for developers & facilitators to get Slido accounts. When we found out that webex includes slido,  we realized that the facilitators can use their existing accounts. Due to cost, Webex licenses are restricted and it is not possible for developers to get additional webex accounts.  The Developers and not the facilitators should be editing and adding / deleting questions, so we hesitate to transfer the questions to them.

Many thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @INPO Learning Dev,

Are these Slido events being created going to be linked to a Webex meeting? Or used as a Standalone Slido account?

If Facilitators and Developers are in different Slido organizations that use SSO then to be able to collaborate on Slido events, the organization needs to have “Exclude guests” checked off their org settings (this can be done by an Admin or Owner of the Slido account) to be able to collaborate with others outside of the organization. You can find this setting in the article I have linked below for Share Access.

If Webex integration is going to be used then this would not work with cross collaboration of Slido organizations. If the event is created on a Slido standalone account and there is share access to someone on a Webex organization they will not see the event or be able to integrate it into their Webex meeting or Event.

Once the developers create the event they will need to share access to the Facilitators for them to present Slido, with this access they will be able to edit any of the polls in the event.

I hope this helps, please let me know if there are any other questions that come up from this information! Happy to help :)

Badge

Hey @INPO Learning Dev,

Are these Slido events being created going to be linked to a Webex meeting? Or used as a Standalone Slido account?

If Facilitators and Developers are in different Slido organizations that use SSO then to be able to collaborate on Slido events, the organization needs to have “Exclude guests” checked off their org settings (this can be done by an Admin or Owner of the Slido account) to be able to collaborate with others outside of the organization. You can find this setting in the article I have linked below for Share Access.

If Webex integration is going to be used then this would not work with cross collaboration of Slido organizations. If the event is created on a Slido standalone account and there is share access to someone on a Webex organization they will not see the event or be able to integrate it into their Webex meeting or Event.

Once the developers create the event they will need to share access to the Facilitators for them to present Slido, with this access they will be able to edit any of the polls in the event.

I hope this helps, please let me know if there are any other questions that come up from this information! Happy to help :)

Hello and thank you, though I have questions and do not understand. I am referring to sections by color - I added color to the quote.

Purple - do you mean that the Developers and Facilitator are using Slido accounts, or not using slido within Webex? and the SSO - do you mean signing into Webex and Slido together? The Facilitators facilitate both in person and virtually, so they all have Webex accounts - those are the accounts that we plan to use for them.

Green: so you mean the setting :Exclude Guests” is turned off or turned on? We do not need for them to edit the questions, but they need to be able to access events and use them within powerpoint for their in-person and virtual seminars.

Red / Blue: Are you saying that if the facilitator has an account that they access via Webex and the Developer is signing into Slido (not Webex) that they Facilitators with Eebex account cannot be collaborators on events created by Developers without Webex accounts?

Finally:

Yellow: what do you mean by “Share Access”? I was thinking about Collaborators. I am confused now if they are the same or different.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @INPO Learning Dev,

I have reached out to you via a private message as we’d like to discuss your use case over a call :)

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Badge

I got the message and scheduled.

Thank you.