Question

Getting participants' name and email in Webex through Slido authentication

• 14 February 2022
  • 15 replies

If the Slido event requires Authentication by requesting name and email address, will these settings follow through if the polls are launched in a Webex meeting? Or is there way to pull the name and email address through the participants Webex login?

15 replies

Hi

Is there a way to see the poll results for users when using Slido within Webex for guests not a part of our organization? Currently anyone logged in just shows up as anonymous. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @USP,

At the moment, participants from outside of the Webex organisation will always show up as anonymous and there is no way to change that. However, there is a workaround that lets you collect participants’ names. Simply create an open text poll and ask participants to enter their names. Then, when you export poll results per user, you will see this linked to their other responses.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Badge

We’re using polls in Webex Webinars with appropriate questions to generate sales leads.

As we would like to switch from native Webex polling to the much more interactive Slido polling we must ensure that we can evaluate Names and E-Mail-Addresses of the participants.

For Q&A this is possible but for most of the polling variants the attendee ist able to switch to anonymous votes.

Additionally there are differences in native Slido Events via the web site (standard: nonanonymous) and the Webex Integration (anonymous).

Is ist possible to disable anonymous pollings or are there plans to make this available?

Best Regards,

Rouven 

Hi, 

Slido is a great addition to Webex and it would be even better if guests could be identified via their input Webex name and email address. Unfortunately, none of our students have Webex accounts. 

Maybe by implementing open text polls which can get prepopulated with Webex user data?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @JustinD,

That’s a great question! If participants are from the same Webex organisation as the host, then Slido will automatically pull their name and email from Webex.

However, if participants are not from the same Webex organisation as the host, Slido will not pull their information from Webex even if you have set it up to require the name and email. To capture these participants’ data, you can ask them to join Slido via a browser. When they join Slido via a browser (i.e. outside of Webex), it will ask them for their names and emails if you set this up in event settings.

Alternatively, you can create a poll that asks participants for their names and emails and run it in the Webex integration. Then, when you export the results, participants who are not from the same Webex organisation as the host will still be anonymous, but all of their answers will be connected so you can see their names and emails.

I know this can be confusing, please let me know if you have any questions :)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Rouven,

At the moment, it’s not possible to disable anonymous polling in Webex Webinars, but you could run a poll where you ask for participants’ names and emails.

Simply create an open-text poll that asks participants for their names and emails and run it in the Webex integration. When you export the results, all of your participants’ answers will be connected. Remember to hide the results so that participants can’t see others’ information.

Hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any further questions.

Badge

Thank you @Maggie from Slido for the fast feedback.

We don’t want to ask for the names and email addresses as the participant might not answer as open as we would like if he knows we might track the results.   

However I’ve received in the meantime the information that a Slido update in the future will deliver the desired functionality. 

Thank you for the support!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @philpav,

Thank you for that idea! I will pass it on :)

As I mentioned, at the moment you need to create an open text poll and ask your students to fill in their names.

Alternatively, you can set up your event to require participants’ names and emails and ask students to join Slido on their phones or computers by scanning the QR code or using the event code. The web app will force them to enter their data before they can participate in polls. 

Hope this helps! Keep the suggestions coming, we love them ❤️

Thank you @Maggie from Slido for listening ;) and the additional information!

Is there a way to get the respondent's name to display when using the Slido app in WebEx? Every test I have done so far has resulted in anonymous responses in my reporting download. 

Badge

Hey @ctalbot,

If you’re using Slido in Webex and your participants join using their Webex app they should be logged in to your event directly with their credentials if they are from the same Webex organization as you.

Unless they manually switch themselves to be anonymous when voting, their responses should be submitted under their e-mail/name. You should be able to get the results by pulling up poll results per user in Slido exports.

Could you please confirm that while doing the test your participants were from the same organization when voting in Slido through the Webex app? Let me know more details about your test and how it was performed and I might be able to provide you with other options regarding how you can get the names of your respondents.

Hope this helps! :)

Hi @Patrik from Slido,

We host many webinars for external audiences where the majority of people are not part of our WebEx organization.  We do have a registration process for each event where name and email addresses are collected prior to entry or an event. We need to find a way that will make it easy for our participants to have their names attached to reporting we do on our event polls. Do you have any suggestions?  

Thanks!

Badge

Hey @ctalbot ,

In this case I would recommend setting up the event in a way that it will ask for participant’s name (or email, whatever you prefer). But there might be a problem with participants joining through the browser and if an email has no Webex account, it would be listed as Anonymous.

In this case the best solution would be to ask for the name in one of the polls, and that would provide you with the name connected to the answers regardless if they joined as Anonymous or not. That is also explained in the article I hyperlinked :) 

Hope this helps!

Hey @Slido Team ,

When do you expect that the integration works including handover of participants names?

Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Rouven Webcast Account

There are no plans to implement this, you do have the option of setting up to require name by default. 

Hope this helps!