Solved

Can I use my Webex account for Slido if the Webex admin did not enable Slido?

• 14 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

We do have a Webex subscription and I wanted to know if it is possible to log in to Slido and use this to generate more than 3 polls? At the moment I log in to Slido using Webex but it only allows me to create 3 polls. Please note that I am not opening Slido within Webex because our Webex Admin does not permit it, but I am trying to log in to Slido using Webex credentials.

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Alex 15 September 2021, 21:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Parvathy Menon,

It seems like that even though you have Webex subscription, your Webex admin hasn’t activated Slido in the Control Hub yet. Once Slido is activated there, you’ll get the full Enterprise version of Slido, including unlimited polls.

Please let us know if you or your admin need any help with setting that up!

Thank you @Alex . Does that also mean that I can use Slido in PowerPoint as well? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Parvathy Menon,

Yes, that’s right! Once Slido is activated in your Webex Hub, you’ll have access to all Slido features - including our PowerPoint integration

Our Webex and PowerPoint integrations now also work great together!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi @Parvathy Menon,

It seems like that even though you have Webex subscription, your Webex admin hasn’t activated Slido in the Control Hub yet. Once Slido is activate there, you’ll get the full Enterprise version of Slido, including unlimited polls.

Please let us know if you or your admin need any help with setting that up!

Hi Alex.
Does it mention anywhere in the Slido documentation that once the Webex admin activates Slido in Control Hub, it becomes a full enterprise version?
As the Webex admin for my org I have been looking into the Webex/Slido integration and had concerns with providing my users with a Basic account as they are more public then an Enterprise account. If by activating Slido in my Webex Control Hub I’m providing my users with Enterprise accounts, then that would be great.
Thank you for confirming and pointing me to any documentation that I may have missed. :)

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Niel.C,

We have a general how-to article on our Community here: 

And then there’s a more detailed help article on Webex Help Center with more documentation as well.

Sorry, I should have been more clear about licensing - if you currently have a paid Webex license, you’ll get access to full Slido Enterprise license as well after enabling Slido in Webex Control Hub. If you have a basic (free) Webex license, you’ll need to sign up for Slido with your Webex credentials to be able to use the integration. However, you’ll only get access to a basic (free) Slido account. 

Hope this makes more sense! Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.