Question

Is it possible to open the web version of Slido from Webex?

• 3 January 2022
  • 5 replies

The green “Present Slido in a new tab” button is missing. Any idea how to get it back?

It worked 2 weeks ago.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @Dominique V., sorry for the confusion! 

We removed the button from Webex due to some technical and usability experience we were not happy with.

It’s still possible to open Present mode from Slido, which will display it in the browser. When the time comes, you can simply screen share the browser tab with Slido Present mode. 

Here’s how you access the Present mode: 

We’re planning to bring the Present button back to Webex once it’s possible. Would you mind telling us a bit about the situations you used the Present button for? That would help us tremendously to understand your use case. 

Hello,

thx for your answer.

I’m in charge of the documentation of the IT project and created last month several how-to including this functionality.

I found it very easy to present from the Webex without opening my browser.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @Dominique V., thanks for clarifying your use case!

It totally makes sense. Hope we can bring it back soon.

I assume you used to share your whole Webex screen to share the Present mode with your audience? 

Thanks again for your insights!

Hi Team,

just using slido within the Cisco Collaboration VT event with a lot of great questions... but unfortunately in this case, due to the small space (within Socio or a Webex Meeting), the integration is “very messy”. (large number of questions and updates)

It would be ideal if you could directly perform a cross-launch to the web version. 

Is something like this possible or planned?

Regards

Christian

Badge

Hey @CGutjahr81!

We do plan to add the direct link to Slido admin to Webex sidebar, however, at the moment I can only offer you a workaround: 

• Open Slido admin as a pop-up from Slido sidebar: In your Slido sidebar, click the hamburger menu > Settings > Advanced settings. A pop-up with Slido settings will appear.
  • Then, click Settings to see your polls and Q&A. 

You can also open Slido admin in a browser by going to slido.com, logging in and selecting your Slido. 

Hope that helps!