Integrate Slido with Microsoft Teams

• 24 August 2020
  • 63 replies

Show first post

63 replies

Hi Slido

I am in organization X, installed Slido app and integrated into an MS Teams meeting. The Slido icon and integration worked perfectly from my colleagues in organization X.

But the attendees from organization Y could not see the icon. Organization Y is a different company, have their own MS Teams. There is external federation between the MS Teams of org X and Y.

My question is whether it just needs the IT administrator of MS Team of org Y to whitelist slido, or does the slido<>MS Teams integration only work if participant is on the same MS Teams tenant as the meeting host ?

Simon

Badge

Hi Plizon,

Admin in Teams is only visible to the meeting host. While you can invite guests to your Slido event to help you with the administration, this won't be reflected in the integration itself. In other words, Slido guest admins would need to access the event through www.slido.com, as they won't be able to administer it directly from Teams (only Teams host will).

I hope this helps.

Adam

Hi Slido Team, and what about co-managers of the event ? Is it still a feature that is possible in teams mode ? I was used to use the sharable link for my co-hosts.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi quyntess, sorry for the inconvenience. Just to confirm, are you able to add third-party apps as a tab in other channels? There might be a restriction on the Meetings side.

Userlevel 1
Badge

HI Nicolas - sorry for the inconvenience, we’re checking with Microsoft on the issue of availability in certain regions. We will share an update once we have a response from them.

Thanks for being patient here!

quyntess,

I’m sorry to hear about this.

Do you have some participants invited to the meeting? In order to be able to add apps, you should invite at least 1 person to the meeting.

If the issue persists, please let us know at experience@slido.com and we’ll take it from there.

I hope it works,

Adam

Yes, I do have participants invited to the meeting.

Hi Everyone,

unfortunately, I can’t add Slido-App to Teams. 

As Admin, I have ensured, that 3rd-Party Apps are allowed, in Admin-Center I can see the Slido-App is approved.  

When I want to add the app to a team or meeting, it does not occur in the list of available apps from the appstore. Clicking on the link to add the app from the slido-website, an error occurs in Teams, that the app is not existing or my company has forbidden to use it. Is it possible, that the app is yet not available in german Teams-appstore?

Many thanks in advance,

Nick

Badge

quyntess,

I’m sorry to hear about this.

Do you have some participants invited to the meeting?

In order to be able to add apps, you should invite at least 1 person to the meeting.

If the issue persists, please let us know at experience@slido.com and we’ll take it from there.

I hope it works,

Adam

Badge

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the question. 

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible at the moment. But we understand that there’s a need for this, so we’re in touch with Microsoft to see what (if anything) can be done. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Adam

Hi, we don't have a button in the menu bar. Do you know how to activate this? Already checked both web and teams app. Asked the IT guy but he couldn’t figure it out.

Hi Slido,

Can external meeting participants (those outside your organisation) see Slido and answer polls etc. too?

Thanks,

Anna

Badge

Hi JCC,

Apologies for the later response.

It is possible to disable anonymous questions but that has to be done via Slido Admin and I’m afraid it can’t be done via MS Teams directly. You can do so if you have any of our higher paid plans by going to Settings → Features → Questions. 

Feel free to check out this article as well: https://community.sli.do/audience-q-a-42/disable-anonymous-questions-445

Best wishes,

Adam

Hi Slido:

Would like to know if we may set up a slido vote and comment for non-anonymous in Microsoft Teams?

Thanks,

JCC